1.    #1  
    If you don't know what mycasting is, look it up. Put simply: it lets you stream your media from your pc to many mobile devices.

MyCast your digital media with Orb 2.0 remote pc access software

As of now when you start a stream it tries to play for several seconds and finally closes in an error. I'm pretty sure its a codec issue so as soon as we get another media player we should be good. Not sure if anyone knows what formats the pre can play, but Orb can stream in .asx, .rm, .sdp, and .3gp.

Here's hoping its resolved soon

Posted on a Pre!
    It actually does work as someone else on here pointed out, you have to go into the settings and use the 3GP-AAC/RTSP format. I'm way more excited for when Slingplayer will finally have a client. Until then, Orb will work since that's what I used before Sling for watching TV on my phone. =)
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Domali View Post
    It actually does work as someone else on here pointed out, you have to go into the settings and use the 3GP-AAC/RTSP format. I'm way more excited for when Slingplayer will finally have a client. Until then, Orb will work since that's what I used before Sling for watching TV on my phone. =)
    Huh then maybe I'm doing something wrong because it doesn't work for me lol

It does work on my pc, mac, and wii so... not sure what that is.
    Global Posts
    348 Global Posts
    Yeah I can't get it work properly on my phone as well.... I also made sure that I specified 3GP-AAC/RTSP
    I could only get it to work with Orb installed on a WinXP system. It wouldn't work with Vista SP2 (other clients work but not many mobile phones).

Works fine, including playlists, but the Pre media player is very limited and doesn't allow jumping to next tune in playlist. I hope someone ports VLC Player to WebOS.

Orb is truly living in the cloud. Pre needs a full featured media player though.
    Sprint Pre, Mugen 2800mah battery
    Global Posts
    727 Global Posts
    For me it works on 3gp-AAC. However, it sometimes takes a few attempts to get it to start. But once it starts, it streams extremely well.

I hope audio streaming within it's own media player is one of the first things Palm addresses. I can't get any mp3s to stream more than 15-30 seconds.