1.    #1  
    Dismiss unused cards to free memory"

My browser stopped browsing this afternoon, about 2 hours ago.
    I could see I had emails, but I could not open them.
    I could not get on web, google maps etc.
    I thought maybe my memory was full or battery was dying.
    Charged it up, emptied my cache. I looked online at the palm support, saw nothing helpful.
    I did the interactive and memory tests on the phone.
    I finally tried the help app on my phone.
    But I can no longer open any applications (including the 5 in my quick launch), and I keep getting the "Can't Open New Cards" message.
    Had no issues whatsoever until now. I bought it on Saturday morning, been obsessed with it ever since.
    Yesterday I got a Touchstone, today I surfed the web, did email and bookmarked a couple websites.
    Apps I downloaded from the catalog on Sunday/Monday- Where, Weather, NY Times, Flight info, Fandango and Pandora.
    Anyone? Anyone? I have no idea what to do.
    Please help me. This is my first smartphone, and I'll take any advice.
    Thanks!
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Alisha View Post
    Dismiss unused cards to free memory"

My browser stopped browsing this afternoon, about 2 hours ago.
    I could see I had emails, but I could not open them.
    I could not get on web, google maps etc.
    I thought maybe my memory was full or battery was dying.
    Charged it up, emptied my cache. I looked online at the palm support, saw nothing helpful.
    I did the interactive and memory tests on the phone.
    I finally tried the help app on my phone.
    But I can no longer open any applications (including the 5 in my quick launch), and I keep getting the "Can't Open New Cards" message.
    Had no issues whatsoever until now. I bought it on Saturday morning, been obsessed with it ever since.
    Yesterday I got a Touchstone, today I surfed the web, did email and bookmarked a couple websites.
    Apps I downloaded from the catalog on Sunday/Monday- Where, Weather, NY Times, Flight info, Fandango and Pandora.
    Anyone? Anyone? I have no idea what to do.
    Please help me. This is my first smartphone, and I'll take any advice.
    Thanks!
    Close all cards and see if that helps - if not, reboot time.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Have you tried resetting it?
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    This happened to me this morning when i was doing speed tests with a 4 Meg file. i had to close the browser card and it worked fine.
  5.    #5  
    How do I reset it?
    Sorry if it's a dumb question. I'm new around here.
    Go to device info, reset options, restart
    Or, if the device is frozen, you can reset by holding the power button and moving the ringer switch back and forth three times (it also helps to say, "There's no place like home, there's no place like home" but that part is optional).

And there's a keyboard reset too, but I forget how to do it off the top of my head.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    the same thing happened to me! just reset the phone and all will fix itself!
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    Or, if the device is frozen, you can reset by holding the power button and moving the ringer switch back and forth three times (it also helps to say, "There's no place like home, there's no place like home" but that part is optional).

And there's a keyboard reset too, but I forget how to do it off the top of my head.
    holy ****. you were RIGHT. it totally worked.
    and yes, i did chant "there's no place like home", just in case.

why did this happen? what did i do wrong?

Many of the apps seem to have memory leaks. When they close, they don't release all of the memory they occupied. Over time, the amount of available memory slowly deteriorates. Older versions of Windows were notorious for having this problem. I figure I'll have to reboot every couple of days under normal usage (or more frequently if I just want it to work a bit faster). Ahh, the joys of being a first-adopter.

Another cool way to do a soft reset is by pressing Orange Key + Sym Key and letter R on your keyboard.
    eh... happens. like microsoft windows... just have to control-alt-del sometimes

or actually Orange Key + Sym Key and letter R

How do I reset it?
    Sorry if it's a dumb question. I'm new around here.
    Quote Originally Posted by donm527 View Post
    eh... happens. like microsoft windows... just have to control-alt-del sometimes

or actually Orange Key + Sym Key and letter R
    THIS should ge a sticky!
    I have this happen to me if i run Pandora alot, yesterday its pretty much all I had run after a reboot and then i lost the ability to open new cards, i noticed Pandora sucks the speed out of the phone too, so i have pretty much stopped using Pandora all together now. (I also have Pandora setting to high quality audio, maybe thats the reason)
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    I also am of the belief that Pandora has a major memory leak.
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    Happened to me for the first time last night. Had a power outage and I was looking at an animated weather map. Closed it and had no other cards running. Made a call to power company, closed the card after and went back to web and it kept telling to dismiss unused cards...? Had nothing open, very weird. turned off phone and turned it back on and then it worked.
    Its not only the Apps it is also Websites......it seems to be websites who are heavily reliant on flash(native flash) and the PRE not being full flash capable yet, causes it to have memory leaks. I've noticed this on a few websites(Non-mobile) and using multiple cards, causes a memory leak.

Easy solution close all cards/reset and you should be perfectly fine. Also remember those websites that might cause it again.
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post

I've heard if you do it while clicking your ruby red slippers together at the same time, you get 16mb of memory, and a better Tasks app...