1.    #1  
    I just went through the entire 344 page manual, and can't find how to add pages to the launcher. The default is 3, and when those are full, the icons are added below the screen, and you have to scroll down to see them, which is quite annoying.
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-

unfortunately i believe the max is 3 currently.
    Quote Originally Posted by leadbyxampl View Post
    unfortunately i believe the max is 3 currently.
    And it is also the min.
    IIIx -> Tungsten T -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Launch day Pre
    That bites. Hopefully in an update they will change this. I have a touch of ADHD and would LOVE to be able to separate my apps into categories.
    Quote Originally Posted by jwdesselle View Post
    That bites. Hopefully in an update they will change this. I have a touch of ADHD and would LOVE to be able to separate my apps into categories.

Ditto. I had about 5 app categories on my Treo...and one of the goals of my categorization was not only to group things along the lines of the way that my mind works, but to also ensure that there was a small enough number of apps in each category that I did not need to vertically scroll to find things.

Right now I am scrolling left, right, up, and down to find things...although I have moved things around quite a bit and put my most frequently used apps at the top of each page...so the vertical scrolling is lessening

As a developer, I imagine that accommodating more pages is easy...but that Palm has not yet come up with an interface and set of rules to handle adding and deleting pages. e.g., where do apps go when you delete the page? In the old PalmOS, they went to the "unfiled" category...which probably wouldn't work that well here...since these pages are unnamed. That said, I could probably come up with a fairly decent UI and set of rules in about 10 minutes.
    The new Palm, in it's infinite wisdom, has decided categories are SO last year. The Pre doesn't allow for categories anywhere. A bit stupid, in my opinion, but there it is.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Hopefully, they have just not finished the integration of this type of customization. If they do NOT plan to add it, then WTF?
  8. ame
    Global Posts
    2,714 Global Posts
    I only have 3 categories on my centro, and Im probably going to do the same system I have now:
    First pane will be "favorites", most often used stuff. Second will be "other"...still used stuff but not like favorites, and stuff I don't plan or like to use will go all the way to the bottom eventually so it's "hidden". Then the last will be system/utilities. Update, sounds, etc. It's about all my peabrain can stand.
    FYI, it is possible to add pages now if you have rooted your Pre. In fact, it's also possible to have fewer pages. I know there have been many threads on this topic, but I just wanted to close the loop in this thread:

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post1672993
    I had 3 pages of apps on my treo, main, pres, and sd card. I don't use the launcher too much now with the universal search to get to the app I want.
    Quote Originally Posted by LupeValenz View Post
    I had 3 pages of apps on my treo, main, pres, and sd card. I don't use the launcher too much now with the universal search to get to the app I want.
    Always interesting to see how folks have different preferences. Me personally, I try to avoid opening the Pre's keyboard whenever possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by scuba_steve View Post
    Always interesting to see how folks have different preferences. Me personally, I try to avoid opening the Pre's keyboard whenever possible.
    I am the same way. I don't use universal (hardly universal) search at all.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.