1.    #1  
    The OMAP 3430 supports hardware video encoding at D1 resolution. (720x480 @ 30 fps)

DVD quality recording is much better than VGA!

Let's hope Palm is working on this.

I was reading the description of the Texas Instruments OMAP 3430 processor that powers the Pre and came across some very interesting information that could point to features Palm could add via webOS updates. Currently, none of these features have been announced as Pre capabilities:

Multistandard video file support and DVD-camcorder quality video recording

The increased capabilities of the IVA2+ enables multi-standard (MPEG4, H264, Windows Media Video, RealVideo etc.) encode and decode at DVD resolutions. With the advanced multimedia capabilities of the OMAP3430 a multi-standard DVD-quality camcorder can be added to a phone for the first time.

And:

IVA™ 2+ (Image Video Audio) accelerator enables multi-standard (MPEG4, WMV9, RealVideo, H263, H264) encode/decode at D1 (720×480 pixels) 30 fps
    The TI OMAP 3430 CPU: Some Features « PrePoint
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    The Pre can outshine the 3GS with ease. Whether Palm will take advantage and constantly make it better with new updates is their choice. I hope they make the right one.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Palm will... They have way too much at stake with this phone.
    Come one Palm we're waiting for our Counter Punch to iPhone 3GS!
    I think palm is being strategic w/the features they introduce. That is, they only introduce the minimum amount to generate buzz and holding off on more advanced features so that they can continue to garner coverage when they DO introduce it. This is a very good strategy as it gives them time to perfect the features they do introduce, as well as to not let the iPhone get all the attention.