Global Posts
    373 Global Posts
    because there does not seem to be any new Pre's and 50k launch is small.......are we here to create buzz or find bugs?
    After participating in the blackberry storm public beta (lol), the pre almost feels like a mature device.
    I find the whole "50k Palm Pres sold" to be suspicious, especially considering that there have been 45,762 downloads of Pandora.

It just seems a little unlikely that almost 92% of the people who bought a Pre have installed Pandora. But who knows...
    It's called a "soft" launch. It's retail lingo. Look it up.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Quote Originally Posted by bignoze View Post
    because there does not seem to be any new Pre's and 50k launch is small.......are we here to create buzz or find bugs?
    I dunno, it doesn't matter, because I am enjoying the hell out of mine.....

No problems with mine......

Global Posts
    373 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by treotraveler View Post
    I dunno, it doesn't matter, because I am enjoying the hell out of mine.....

No problems with mine......

me too
    I hope to have my Pre' sometime this week.
    Quote Originally Posted by FakeSteveJobs View Post
    I hope to have my Pre' sometime this week.
    OMG your avatar AHAHAHAH!!!
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    I'm quite certain that I remember numerous calls on this forum for Palm to release the Pre even if it's not quite fully baked. At least, to release it to us geeks. Heck, I think I might have made the same admonition myself on occasion. Personally, I'd much rather have the Pre in its current state (which is pretty darn good, in my opinion) than wait a few more months for Palm to work out the kinks.*

Every company making any product has to determine when it's good enough to go, and then ship it. Even airliners and MRI machines have to be shipped at SOME point, and as much as we'd like to think those particular products are perfect, I'll be there are any number of patches and fixes applied soon after launch.

The question for the manufacturer is this: is the product good enough to function at a level that's sufficient to live up to their promises and that doesn't create any serious risk of harm? To me, the Pre fits that definition just fine. Now, certainly, in any product launch things are discovered that beta testing just didn't find, and compromises are made to get the product out the door. We're experiencing a number of those, for sure. That doesn't, though, make us "beta testers," at least not in any real sense.

*One exception to my position is EAS support, and email encryption support in general. This is just really bad in its current state, and warrants a very quick fix. I'm assuming that Palm is working on this problem specifically and will issue a fix pronto. Ye gads, but it's been badly implemented in this version of the Pre.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Yeah great avatar FakeSteveJobs. lol
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    it's like when you buy a new car! never buy the first generation as it will have problems!

that's why i haven't purchased a pre.. i won't be a guinea pig.

live and learn. be aware of the risk when you rush to be the first to buy something new..
    Quote Originally Posted by rs4ftw View Post
    it's like when you buy a new car! never buy the first generation as it will have problems!

that's why i haven't purchased a pre.. i won't be a guinea pig.

live and learn and be aware of the risk when you rush to be the first to buy something new.
    Again, the majority of the forum members are loving the phone and not having problems. You will always see the complaints and never see the praises.
    It's kinda like the Android launch where the early users were basically all testers until they really got their stuff together.
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    It's called a "soft" launch. It's retail lingo. Look it up.
    In this case, "soft launch" is retail lingo for "not having production and distribution channels ready to go despite the 6 month build up."