Global Posts
    210 Global Posts
    God, I'd hate to start such a filler thread, but like many of you I'm getting tired of the negativity around here, so, that said.

I love my Pre and I'm keeping it.

I understand it's not perfect. Hell, mine even has the screen-blotch issue and runs sort of hot. I might exchange the unit at a later date, but meh, the user experience has still been incredible!

I think there was too great an expectation for the phone to be 100% perfect out of the box. It amuses me the comparisons iPhone fanatics make--and lets not forget that the first gen iPhone had terrible battery life. And didn't even have an app store then. Nor did it have MMS or copy & paste--heck, technically the Pre had these two features first.

The Pre is a wonderful, intuitive and forward-looking device. I know it's not perfect, but I really hope Palm is opening to feedback, listening to it's actual users on forums like these, and helping to groom the device into an awesome machine, and at the same time, us into a loyal following.

Yea, so...sorry for the filler, just trying to boost the mood!
    Same here. I just mailed my MIR. I am riding the Pre roller coaster to the finish.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    I love mine too.
    Some lighter shading (wouldn't even consider it blotchy) at the bottom after a lot of use, but don't even really notice unless I look for it.

Only complaint I have is I wish the USB was at the bottom instead of the side.
    So really.. I don't have any complaints.
    Quote Originally Posted by showson1 View Post
    I love mine too.
    Some lighter shading (wouldn't even consider it blotchy) at the bottom after a lot of use, but don't even really notice unless I look for it.

Only complaint I have is I wish the USB was at the bottom instead of the side.
    So really.. I don't have any complaints.
    YES! Why the heck did they put it on the side? They should have put it at the bottom and a microsd slot where the usb port is now. Oh and it should have been miniusb instead of micro. Other than that, I love it
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    People are so impatient now days. We all new this was a new phone and when you are first gen adopters, there will be problems. I agree, The plug would have been much better on the bottom. My Instinct is the same way. I have been lucky with not having any blotchy, dead pixels or light leaking. I did have the problem when closing the slider it would shut the phone off but I found the fix for that.

I think this is a good start on a great product. Perfect, no. But there will always be something to gripe about with any phone. Second gen going on 3 gen and now just getting cut and paste, iphone.
    Quote Originally Posted by leez View Post
    I understand it's not perfect. Hell, mine even has the screen-blotch issue and runs sort of hot. I might exchange the unit at a later date, but meh, the user experience has still been incredible!

I think there was too great an expectation for the phone to be 100% perfect out of the box.
    So the Pre is a great phone so long as the user has low standards? I guess that could work for the "fat middle" but it would make for an odd advertising campaign slogan.
    Global Posts
    210 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    So the Pre is a great phone so long as the user has low standards? I guess that could work for the "fat middle" but it would make for an odd advertising campaign slogan.
    I never suggested that the user should have low standards--and 90% of users won't. What I'm discussing is purely this early-adopter crowd. There always will be an inherent risk in being an early adopter. In my opinion, I thought it was worth it for this phone and I feel confident about it. The phone has been out for only a few days at this point, and I really don't think any software maker, OEM, or any company can predict all issues until their products are in the hands of the masses. Just think of all the auto manufacturer recalls, or the famous XBox red-ring issues.