Global Posts
    521 Global Posts
    I would like to know that as well, usually when someone is hostile its because there is some truth to the statement the person is making. Otherwise, they would just think of them as a kook and be done with it.

ie. If I said the sun was not hot, because a walk on it yesterday, and my Alien friends dont like earth. You would all laugh at me, or say something witty against me.

But it seem that you are hostile to everyone that has a negative comment to the pre. Why is that? What truth do they hold that you agree with?

If they dont hold any truth, then let them rant ::smile:: You are the better person.
    the truth hurts.
    WE ALL HATE EVERYONE. DON'T EVEN THINK OF MAKING FUN OF THE PRE. IT IS PERFECT. lol. I honestly never understood why people get so upset on online forums.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    Daily there are 100 basically the same threads over here. It's out of control. I finally understand why some forums are so overly strict and close like every other topic.

This is like the Blindness version of a forum. It feels like some kind of kindergarten when coming here, compared to some other forums. I wish there was another choice. But sadly, this is also the place where the knowledgeable Pre people come.
    People sometimes get emotionally caught up, but just remember that arguing on the internet is like running in the Special Olympics.....
    Quote Originally Posted by gabbott View Post
    People sometimes get emotionally caught up, but just remember that arguing on the internet is like running in the Special Olympics.....
    Nah, it's winning the Special Olympics. In the end, you're still a retard.
    Quote Originally Posted by prochobo View Post
    Nah, it's winning the Special Olympics. In the end, you're still a retard.
    wow...
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    I think the hostility comes from the other end. It's a seething anger that cannot accept the fact that many people are enjoying their Pre.
    People are hostile because the Internet gives them anonymity.
    Global Posts
    112 Global Posts
    Well.. I was somewhat annoyed that it seemed there were a handful of individuals over the weekend that made it their personal quest to post absurdly negative, and sometimes purely confrontational comments on every single thread they could find. Trolls, essentially.

But, eh, it's the internet and to be expected. Best to just ignore what bothers you and move on.
    Quote Originally Posted by zhackwyatt View Post
    People are hostile because the Internet gives them anonymity.
    Not if you Geotag your pics .
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Quote Originally Posted by jewel View Post
    I think the hostility comes from the other end. It's a seething anger that cannot accept the fact that many people are enjoying their Pre.
    Agreed. Some folks must have gotten their hopes up to unrealistic levels, and when their Pre fell short of these crazy expectations they took it personally, like Palm purposely set them up for disappointment.

Palm: "Here's the perfect mobile device. It will take care of all your communication needs, entertainment needs, make you smarter, and provide oral sex on command."

Unrealistic User: "Awesome! Gimme gimme gimme!! I'm going to be so awesome with this phone!"

Palm: (pulling the mythical device back at the last second) "Psyche!"
    Verizon
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    I honestly never understood why people get so upset on online forums.
    Because they don't have the stones to do it in real life.

It's by no means a perfect phone, that beast will never exist. But some of the attitudes around a silly little electronic device are just absurd.

It's a phone, not a religion.
    I agree that most people are just defending the Pre from the attacks of the Apple folks, they are vicious. I went to my local park and was called stupid for buying the Pre by iPhone fans. I even had my iPod touch with me! I defended it tooth and nail, and actually brought one of them around to the Pre side once I showed her Tweed and Pandora, and my cal, an contacts.
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    any why are some of you are inclined in creating these damn topics over and over?

these topics aren't any more useful than the ones you're complaining about..

opinions are like ****-holes. everyone's got one.
    I said before, I think it's because people are disappointed. I know I am... the pre does not do a LOT of things like most first version phones (looking at you iPhone), unfortunately it also doesn't do what it does very well.
    I've read some valid points and agree with some of the criticisms regarding the Pre, but I really feel that if you look at the big picture the Pre has awesome potential. I am willing to be patient as an early adopter, but I'm also expecting/counting on Palm to deliver which is something they have not done much of in quite a while. Palm has demonstrated they are a new company with a new vision - If they listen to customer feedback and truly respond to it, the Pre just might be the hail mary they need(ed).
    Quote Originally Posted by rambo47 View Post
    Agreed. Some folks must have gotten their hopes up to unrealistic levels, and when their Pre fell short of these crazy expectations they took it personally, like Palm purposely set them up for disappointment.

Palm: "Here's the perfect mobile device. It will take care of all your communication needs, entertainment needs, make you smarter, and provide oral sex on command."

Unrealistic User: "Awesome! Gimme gimme gimme!! I'm going to be so awesome with this phone!"

And then there is...

Palm at CES: This is the Pre it hasn't got A, B or C

Palm Community: At length discussion on the merits of A, B & C and the fact that Pre doesn't have it.

Pre purchaser: I bought a Pre but it hasn't got A, B or C. I am very disappointed. I will have a whine about it on the forum. Now I am returning it because it hasn't got A, B or C.

Quote Originally Posted by rambo47 View Post

lol.... to funny...

i just get tired of the glass is half empty people instead of taking the positive half full route.

i'm i happy with the pre yes, do i think it needs some improvements yes..... i just think we need a b*tching and moaning section, a fan boy section and a tech section to were ppl can actually learn and help each other...

just my 2 cent