Global Posts
    194 Global Posts
    Thinking I am not paranoid, I beleive that my sliding screen is getting looser and looser when closed. When in the open position, it is rock solid. When closed, it rattles from side to side if I shake it, and has a very sloppy movement to it. Is anyone else seeing this? I took it to the Sprint store and they are unsure. NO ONE in the store had a Pre... LOL... Their demo unit is nailed down in the open position.

I noticed this as well with my Pre. It isn't much movement, but enough to notice. I really don't think it will be a problem, and even if it is, mine is still under insurance/warranty from Palm. Not like it messes up my experience with the phone, but definitely something for Palm to note on build quality. Although if I'm not mistaken, I believe this is a common problem with slider phones wiggling from side to side.
    Yes. Unfortunately this is my biggest complaint. Which is good and bad. Good because it really has no effect on my use of the phone, but bad because it just feels cheap.

But yes, this is a common flaw on almost all sliders (vertical and horizontal.)
    Global Posts
    180 Global Posts
    mine does it as well. really doesn't affect anything (unless it actually breaks. I have treo 300 nightmares), but it's annoying. And i'm the type who will then wiggle it always testing whether it wiggles more or not, lol.
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Mine does this as well. I'm not too concerned since I have the insurance and warranty for it. I wish it didn't feel so sloppy though as when I hand it to someone for a demo they sometimes mention that. Then they say "It's sure no iPhone." I then slap them.
    Some guy was complaining that his screen moved when he used the touchscreen the other day and I had no idea what he meant, but I think this is what he was referring to. Mine definitely has a tiny bit of wiggle room, but it's only noticable if I go out of my way to twist the two halves. It's very negligible on mine (fractions of a millimeter)...nothing that I wouldn't expect with this type of device.
    Go check out the store demos - they wobble all over the place. I admit they are probably abused more than the average privately owned phone, but are probably good for predicting your Pre's condition in in about 6 or 7 months.
    The loose screen slider is a pretty big issue.

Note space in URL -- I'm not worthy of posting links apparently.
    http: //forums.palm.com/palm/board/message?message.uid=209926#U209926
    Quote Originally Posted by bl8n8r View Post
    The loose screen slider is a pretty big issue.

Note space in URL -- I'm not worthy of posting links apparently.
    http: //forums.palm.com/palm/board/message?message.uid=209926#U209926
    why would you drag up a two month old post?
    My 7/13/09 warranty date replacement has gotten looser as well. But compared to my gf's G1, it is comparatively tight... I'm not worried either, sine it's under warranty...
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    i sat on mine and now it's a little more loose than i would prefer
    Well, I exchanged my old wobbly screen pre for a new one and within a week its just as bad as the previous one. Anyone else have this problem after exchanging? Kinda like to know if the thing is jusy going to fall apart someday.
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bl8n8r View Post
    Well, I exchanged my old wobbly screen pre for a new one and within a week its just as bad as the previous one. Anyone else have this problem after exchanging? Kinda like to know if the thing is jusy going to fall apart someday.
    Try searching for "oreo" and you'll find far more conversation than you'll ever care to read about it. The phone has to have some play because of the curved nature of the slider. Any of the available hard cases will negate the issue if you get one.