1.    #1  
    Today for the first time I introduced my Pre to my car. I have a good sound system and a $60 Motorola T505 Bluetooth speakerphone. I can honestly say these two devices work better then you can imagine with each other.

The hands free quality was better then my 700p, never dropped a call. And because the T505 can broadcast over your stereo and does A2DP I was blown away how Pandora could have been mistaken for one of my CDs playing. Oh and of course because the Pre multitasks I was told of a couple of accidents and traffic in front of me and easily rerouted to avoid any delays.

Folks it doesn't much better then this
    How do these things work? Does my car radio have to support bluetooth, or does it work through the FM transmitter? Gracias.
    Pandora is nowhere near CD quality. It's very apparent with halfway decent headphones.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by ucsbjd View Post
    How do these things work? Does my car radio have to support bluetooth, or does it work through the FM transmitter? Gracias.
    First off are you a gaucho?

It transmits over FM and the quality is crazy good. Best part is you can yank it off your visor go in another car and are already setup.
    Thanks Dee!
    Gauchos for life, welcome to the Thunderdome!
    Hows the quality with just the speakerphone when playing music?
    Christo

"it's not the quantity, but the quality"

There are NO Limits
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by christo1970 View Post
    Hows the quality with just the speakerphone when playing music?
    I would guess not much different then holding your Pre in the air playing through it's speaker. I didn't even try because it's a no brainier to use the car sound system.
    yeah, so it looks pretty good, I tried an fm transmitter a couple years ago but couldn't auto pick the best station. And it didn't connect by BT to the phone, just a crappy mic type thing
    Christo

"it's not the quantity, but the quality"

There are NO Limits
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by christo1970 View Post
    yeah, so it looks pretty good, I tried an fm transmitter a couple years ago but couldn't auto pick the best station. And it didn't connect by BT to the phone, just a crappy mic type thing
    I've tried them before and have seen how bad they can suck but the T505 is different and something you would be real happy with. I have no connections with Motorola but when something works this good, you have to sing the praises.
    Global Posts
    497 Global Posts
    why not just plug the pre into the aux input in your car? (assuming you have one)
    THAT will be cd quality audio, FM will never sound as good.
    Quote Originally Posted by IMethos View Post
    why not just plug the pre into the aux input in your car? (assuming you have one)
    THAT will be cd quality audio, FM will never sound as good.
    Pandora isn't CD quality though. It is 96kbps.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
  12.    #12  
    It's better then the radio (no hissing or poping) and most people wouldn't know the difference between it and a CD but for those of you who need 192 kbit/s or more you can always listen to your iTunes library that you synced. The point is it sounds incredibly good and purists can use the media player at whatever bit rate they want.
    Global Posts
    143 Global Posts
    I am adding this to the list of potential stuff for my car setup.... I want to have something that will allow me to mount the pre, charge it and use it as a nav as well as play music/make hands free calls.
    You can pay to access HQ streaming though right? 192 IIRC...
    Quote Originally Posted by bryanharig View Post
    You can pay to access HQ streaming though right? 192 IIRC...
    Yes.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    How is it with a noisy car (Lots of road noise )