Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    So does anyone have any info as to whether or not Napster will be adding support for the Pre? You'd think, since it's supposed to be the next big thing...in the meantime, all I can say is let's hear it for Tunebite! ;-)
    Palm Pre owner...for now, at least. :-p
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    I hope so. It's hard to give up a subsription based service. I used it all the time with WinMo 6.1. For the meantime, I'm still carrying around my Treo 800to stream music to my car but I can only do that for so long until I get tired of carrying and charging two devices.
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Napster subscription service uses WMA DRM. You can buy all the MP3s you want from Napster and put them on your Pre, but you won't get the subscription service until Palm enables WMA.

In the meantime, an 8GB media player isn't too expensive.
    Global Posts
    154 Global Posts
    Guys, I got napster to work with the pre. It transfered all my songs and with album art.
    So it does work! BUT, today I HARD reset the phone and napster no longer wants to sync it like it did 2 days ago.

I'm right now trying to figure out what happened. The 1st time I sync with napster I plugged the usb cord and selected MEDIA SYNC, and it worked perfectly.

I will update if I figure out what happend. I'm also going to sync my other pre that I have not hard reset as of yet. All I know is that napster works great with the pre if you have a GO subscription which is like $14.00.
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    I have the $14 Go Subscription but when I tried to sync it told me that my device was not compatible with napster. I used the USB mode when I plugged it into my pc. I will try the media sync option tonight and see if it works for me.
    Global Posts
    154 Global Posts
    I had it working perfectly and now napster sees the palm pre but whe I transfer files napster wants me to pay for each song. I did buy ONE to see if it will reset SOMETHING but nothing. I mean it did transfer the song with album and the pre played but it was a paid song.

Can't get napster to see my pre as a "GO" phone if you know what I mean. I must have had a fluke because I cannot get it to sync my songs for "free" like 2 days ago. Tried the other pre which I did not hard reset and same problem. will update, let me know how it goes with you. Btw, I'm using windows vista.
    Global Posts
    154 Global Posts
    So far I have noe clue how the pre worked with napster. I cannot get it to sync with it again and I have tried everything. One thing I noticed is that when the pre was working with napster my pc would show the pre under device manager as PRE. Now it shows it as IPOD. When I first plug the pre the device manager shows it PRE than after 2-3 seconds switches to IPOD!

Any ideas why and how to make it stay on PRE?