Results 1 to 17 of 17
  1.    #1  
    I just tried using Sprint TV, while connected to a wifi network. When I try and run it, I get "Please turn off airplane mode in order to use this feature". The only thing is that airplane mode isn't on.

    If I turn wifi off, I get "Network access has been disabled for this application. Please check your network settings and try again." Of course, in my office, I have no Sprint signal, so it is romaing on Verizon if wifi gets turned off.

    Has anyone else seen this?

    thx
    Mike
  2. wicketr's Avatar
    Posts
    232 Posts
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    #2  
    My guess is that TV is a Sprint feature. It's not publicly available except for Sprint users and therefore only available on the Sprint Wireless network, not WIFI.
  3. #3  
    i'm having a similar issue. It's telling me that I'm not authorized to use that feature.

    (first post from my new Pre by the way)
  4. bignoze's Avatar
    Posts
    330 Posts
    Global Posts
    373 Global Posts
    #4  
    Reboot ur pre
  5. fitzla's Avatar
    Posts
    79 Posts
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    #5  
    I believe above poster is correct. Can't use sprint TV on wifi. Has to be on their network.
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by fitzla View Post
    I believe above poster is correct. Can't use sprint TV on wifi. Has to be on their network.
    I have used SprintTV VIA WiFi on my Pre and my Treo Pro. You can tell the difference, with WiFi on it DL's the program 3-4x faster. I was having a problem with it connecting on day 1, when I was Roaming. All I did was change the settings in Device Info I believe it was to "Allow data while roaming." No more problems with SprintTV.

    I don't know if SprintTV works with NO SERVICE AT ALL, and trying to use WiFi, since I am always at least roaming, and most the time on Sprint EVDO.
  7. reminiz's Avatar
    Posts
    780 Posts
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Centro85 View Post
    I have used SprintTV VIA WiFi on my Pre and my Treo Pro. You can tell the difference, with WiFi on it DL's the program 3-4x faster. I was having a problem with it connecting on day 1, when I was Roaming. All I did was change the settings in Device Info I believe it was to "Allow data while roaming." No more problems with SprintTV.

    I don't know if SprintTV works with NO SERVICE AT ALL, and trying to use WiFi, since I am always at least roaming, and most the time on Sprint EVDO.
    same here.

    mikesm, any luck after resetting the device?
  8. sub150's Avatar
    Posts
    193 Posts
    Global Posts
    198 Global Posts
    #8  
    If you put the Pre in Airplane mode you can't watch Sprint TV. Just tried it. Was able to get on web...no go on Sprint TV though. That being said...I have terrible service in my basement in the middle of nowhere and the quality was good over by 1 bar EVDO.
    Phone: 700p > Pre
    PMP: Archos 605 (30GB) and iPod Touch (16GB)
  9. #9  
    I'm now having the airplane mode issue. I've been on with tech support for the past hour and we're trying to get it figured out. It may have something to do with the fact that the phone was initially activated under one number and then had another ported in - assigning it a temporary number in its place. The pre did not update with the temp number. Since the MSL still was reading the old number, Sprint TV (and NASCAR) couldn't authenticate.

    We're not 100% sure yet - but we're testing.

    By the way - it's been 3 hours since we ported the number over and it still has not completed. I know they say 2-24 hours, but 99% of the time it's complete in 15 minutes.
  10. #10  
    A hard reset using ##786# did the trick. All's good now.

    You will also need your master subscriber lock code. You need to call sprint for that.
    Last edited by Ben Van Gaasbeek; 06/09/2009 at 10:30 PM.
  11. #11  
    I had the same airplane mode error in Sprint TV. I went to the phone app, and under preferences enabled the allow data while roaming option. It now works for me.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Reminiz View Post
    same here.

    mikesm, any luck after resetting the device?
    Resetting didn't seem to help, but enabling data roaming did. Works fine now.
  13. #13  
    Is there any risk of actually getting a data charge out of your service area if you enable data roaming? Just curious if you're intending to just have it enabled when watching Sprint TV.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

    Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
  14. gbp
    gbp is offline
    gbp's Avatar
    Posts
    2,506 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesm View Post
    I just tried using Sprint TV, while connected to a wifi network. When I try and run it, I get "Please turn off airplane mode in order to use this feature". The only thing is that airplane mode isn't on.

    If I turn wifi off, I get "Network access has been disabled for this application. Please check your network settings and try again." Of course, in my office, I have no Sprint signal, so it is romaing on Verizon if wifi gets turned off.

    Has anyone else seen this?

    thx
    Mike
    SPRINT TV is broken on mine too.
    Its more to do with SPRINT network.
    When the network was evdo , i had no issues.
    Pretty soon we will see issues with SPRINT network.
  15. #15  
    I had the airplane mode bug the other day when using Tweed. Reset it, and it was all good. I emailed the Tweed people, and they had no idea what was happening.

    Gotta be a Pre bug, yeah?
  16. #16  
    Having this problem as well, I think i'm roaming at home (there is a 'R' instead of an 'ev') but I have a solid wifi signal. I am getting this airplane mode message. I'd assume that it would be in Sprint's best interest for us to use wifi for this? Confused..
  17. #17  
    This is by design. Without a native Sprint signal, the application will not authenticate and run. Without a Sprint signal the app should not work, if it does, it isn't supposed to.
    Kevin
    Retail Communications Consultant
    Sprint Corporate Retail Store (Advanced Exchange)
    HTC Mogul - Palm Treo 800w - RIM Blackberry Curve 8350i - HTC Touch Pro - Palm Pre - HTC Hero w/2.1

    Any mis-spellings or grammatical errors in the above statement are intentional; they are placed there for the enjoyment of those who like to point them out. Above post is based on my personal opinion and knowledge, it is not an official position on behalf of Sprint Nextel. Enjoy. :-)

Posting Permissions