Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Every one of these posts claims that the Pre is nice but that they are returning it. They will then go on to list how it has some defect(s) that not everyone is experiencing, and that's it they want to return it. If these were legit cases where they actually ever owned a Pre then they would try to exchange for a working one like mine or the other 90% of defect-free Pre's.
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Yeah, I suggest they go buy a blackberry storm. They'll be running back to the pre before they can say "blackberry storm sucks"!
    I agree that I'm sick of seeing these.
    The Pre is not for everyone, some like the iPhone better, some like Winmo phones better, my buddy wouldn't give up his razr for anything!

Figure out what you want and get that, if you don't like the Pre take it back and try something else... just don't post about it.
    Not everyone is gonna like the phone. Sheesh...
    Is there any word on how many have been returned and how it compares to other recent launches?
    Avigo > PalmIII > PalmIIIEX > Visor > Prism > Prism w/Data module > Treo 300 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700P > Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by mh262 View Post
    If these were legit cases where they actually ever owned a Pre then they would try to exchange for a working one like mine or the other 90% of defect-free Pre's.

Wow! 10% of the Pre's sold so far have defects? Where did you get that number from?

Quote Originally Posted by GadgetThug View Post
    Not everyone is gonna like the phone. Sheesh...
    So you feel negativity is ok... right?
    Quote Originally Posted by NM08SRT8 View Post
    So you feel negativity is ok... right?
    Of course it is. This is America... right?
    Quote Originally Posted by GadgetThug View Post
    Of course it is. This is America... right?
    Wrong, but then again.. That's why I'm different.. and not a "gadgetthug".. Carryon
    Over at crackberry when someone would post that they were leaving or getting rid of their device it was called a "noisy exit". I don't really see the point of the threads. Sure that person can stay and talk about it in a post that is relevant, but just to post that you didnt like something and got rid of it doesnt seem very constructive.
    Quote Originally Posted by mh262 View Post
    Every one of these posts claims that the Pre is nice but that they are returning it. They will then go on to list how it has some defect(s) that not everyone is experiencing, and that's it they want to return it. If these were legit cases where they actually ever owned a Pre then they would try to exchange for a working one like mine or the other 90% of defect-free Pre's.
    I gave up my Pre because of the build quality. Doing the back gesture had the top layer shift slightly, and so did some up-swipes (the slider would kind of start going a little). Often tapping on anything on the upper half of the screen pushed in, almost like the Storm's surepress. The local stores are sold out and if it happens once what's stopping it from happening again. It's not fair to act like the Pre is some perfect phone and everyone returning it aren't legit cases or shouldn't even talk about it. These topics let you see if others have the same problem, and let others know what's going on with Pre users, that some really aren't happy.

I came back to see what's going on a last time since I don't plan on frequenting the forums anymore, and I'm not surprised to see what's going on. The Pre is far from perfect and when people discuss that, people like you get upset and use some backwards logic to explain why none of these posts are legit cases.

Enjoy your Pre, but try to have an open mind in life. Experiences are like opinions, they are not all the same.

I suggest you open your own forum (they're free) where you can ban anyone who doesn't post something positive. If you can't handle actual discussions, then don't go on a message board.

These posts are also helpful because you better believe Palm is listening to everything that's happening right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by jonathan likes the pre View Post
    These posts are also helpful because you better believe Palm is listening to everything that's happening right now.
    Exactly.
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Everyone is entitle to their own opinion and entitle to what works for them but can a mod create or sticky one thread just for people who don't like the pre? Or maybe make a whole section?

Lets keep this Uniform.
    I gave up my Pre because of the build quality. Doing the back gesture had the top layer shift slightly, and so did some up-swipes (the slider would kind of start going a little). Often tapping on anything on the upper half of the screen pushed in, almost like the Storm's surepress.
    You keep harping on the top layer shift of your Pre and you are the ONLY person I have seen on any forum complaining about this. I was curious and tried to simulate this on my Pre, and I had to swipe really really hard for this shift to happen. You know you don't have to push hard on the screen to perform the gesture right? Either you got a defective unit or you are waaaaaaay too pent up and instead of venting like a normal person you release your tension through gestures on your phone. "BACK SWIPE!!! UP SWIPE!! I HATE YOU MOM!!"
    Last edited by deadpanwalking; 06/09/2009 at 07:03 PM.
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    I came back to see what's going on a last time since I don't plan on frequenting the forums anymore, and I'm not surprised to see what's going on. The Pre is far from perfect and when people discuss that, people like you get upset and use some backwards logic to explain why none of these posts are legit cases.

Enjoy your Pre, but try to have an open mind in life. Experiences are like opinions, they are not all the same.
    Your perspective is relative. I don't think a single person on this forum thinks the Pre is "perfect". But preferable to the iPhone? Or Sprint preferable to AT&T? Absolutely people think that. Maybe I'm blind but I don't see any threads trashing the iPhone and talking about how terrible it is. Maybe I should go buy an iPhone 3Gs just so I can return it the next day and create a post on a Mac forum to talk about what a terrible phone it is I just don't really get why people feel the need to be so overly negative. So something about it disappointed you and it's not the right phone for you-- so be it. We're cool with that. But don't suppose that everyone should feel the same way you do.

The Pre isn't perfect. But it's not so painfully FAR from perfect, in my opinion, as it is in yours. To each his own. I continue to be impressed with how well thought out this phone is and how well it functions compared to previous devices I've owned. I like the iPhone too-- but it's not worth it for me to change over to AT&T, and I still prefer a physical keyboard (that was always a deal breaker since before I had even heard about the Pre). Like I said, to each his own.
    Global Posts
    290 Global Posts
    Actually these I think these threads are quite interesting.

I have my Pre, and I love it, but reading about the shortcomings is very enlightening. Not everyone uses the device like I do and some people will be unhappy with it. That's the nature of things, especially with a first gen device (especially so with a brand new OS). I think its interesting to see how people use this device, and how they want or expect the device to work. It also is interesting to see what people were expecting from it.

If you remember Palm and/or Sprint put out their own memo that this wasn't for the power business user, and that the Treo would better support those people better. And I think they are absolutely right. The Treo with PalmOS or WinMo is a much more mature platform with a lot more features. webOS is cool, and fun, and has a lot of potential, but it will definitely feel incomplete next to a more mature OS. webOS will (hopefully) eventually get to the point where it can be everything to everyone, but for the time being, the Pre is more suited for a certain type of consumer (which thankfully for Palm is somewhat broad).

And I love reading these opinions, positive or negative as long as its constructive, and the majority of ones I've read here are constructive IMO.
    I guess you have never been so put off by a phone, you decided not to give it a 2nd chance. Actually I haven't either, BUT...

Whether people want to give it a 2nd chance or not, as you say exchange it for another one, is entirely up to THEM though, not you or anyone else. It may be a good idea, but that's not up to YOU to make that decision for them. And they have a right to list defects as they see them. This shouldn't be a praise only board. It doesn't say "Pre Fan Club" anywhere does it?
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    It's not fair to act like the Pre is some perfect phone and everyone...
    I never said it was perfect. I don't think that it is. It's just not as bad as what people making "noisy exits" keep ranting about.

I do have an open mind. That's why I'm giving the Pre a chance instead of going straight to the iPhone or a WM phone or a RIM phone which own the largest market shares in this particular dept. I think it is people that give up on ANY decent device after only a couple of days that do not have an open mind. no? I mean give it a chance.

I suggest you open your own forum (they're free) where you can ban anyone who doesn't post something positive. If you can't handle actual discussions, then don't go on a message board.

I can handle negative posts if they are constructive. Just not when they bad mouth a device and say they are going to another (e.g. iPhone). Some will have useful posts but that it really the case, more the exception to those type of posts.

I even go on these forums to see what people are not liking about the phone because I am curious. It's just when somebody posts how the iPhone (which has had a looooooooooooooooooooooong time to develop now) does not experience whatever the particular issue is that they are griping about. When really, the iPhone should not be in the retarded state it is in right now (e.g. no MMS, no Copy/Paste). Those are the posts that I am tired of seeing pop up so much.

Quote Originally Posted by gabbott View Post
    ...to post that you didnt like something and got rid of it doesnt seem very constructive.
    I agree, and that's what I don't like about it.

Quote Originally Posted by OneSix View Post
    Everyone is entitle to their own opinion and entitle to what works for them but can a mod create or sticky one thread just for people who don't like the pre? Or maybe make a whole section?

Lets keep this Uniform.
    This I think would solve that "noisy exit" that gabbott was talking about.
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    [COLOR="Navy"]I guess you have never been so put off by a phone, you decided not to give it a 2nd chance. Actually I haven't either, BUT...
    I have been put off by a phone enough to return it simply because I did not like it. I just didn't bash it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    Whether people want to give it a 2nd chance or not, as you say exchange it for another one, is entirely up to THEM though, not you or anyone else. It may be a good idea, but that's not up to YOU to make that decision for them. And they have a right to list defects as they see them.
    I'm not saying that they have to give it a second chance. I just want to get across that if they start the post with "it's a great phone but...*rant*...so now I'm getting an iPhone" then they should give it another chance and stop making it seem like the iPhone is an obvious choice over the "bug-ridden" Pre. If they truly believe that it was a great phone, like they posted, then they should give it a chance.
    Palm, like any company made up of real people, probably listens most to constructive criticism from people with a genuine interest in seeing the issues fixed. I'm sure they block out the rest.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast