Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mh262 View Post
    Tired of reading: "Why I rerurned my Pre" Posts.
    You aren't tired of READING the posts because you are choosing to read it. You are tired of seeing them because, for some reason, the personal decisions of strangers somehow affects you on an emotional level.
    Quote Originally Posted by GadgetThug View Post
    Of course it is. This is America... right?
    Why does everyone feel compelled to throw out the "This is America" or "This is a free country" bit when someone challenges their opinion in a forum? I have just as much of a "right" to say someone is being unnecessarily negative, or whatever, as that person does to say whatever it is that led me to that conclusion.

And really, of course, I have no rights whatsoever when it comes to posting in this forum. Nobody enjoys freedom of speech in this venue, nor should they--it's a privately owned and operated forum with its own rules and regulations. If the forum owners wanted to prohibit the use of pronouns, then our rights wouldn't be infringed--we could just go start our own forum where pronouns are welcomed.

Yeesh.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    Palm, like any company made up of real people, probably listens most to constructive criticism from people with a genuine interest in seeing the issues fixed. I'm sure they block out the rest.
    Exactly, when I got mine coming from a blackberry I was actually shocked that it didnt have an LED notification. So I posted over at the official palm forums and the mod over there actually commented on the thread:

Request for visual notifications when screen is turned off - Synergy (webOS) - Palm Support Forums

If you have ever known any software developers you'll find they respond much better to thought out suggestions than complaints.

Nothing wrong with constructive criticism. The board isnt a "fan club" but at the same time it is a Palm pre section of the forum so of course you are going to have alot of pre users. Constantly reading "I had my pre 2 days and now I'm back to my blackberry!!!" is going to get old.
    I can say "This is America" because... well... this is America.
    and all users on this forum are from the US?
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Urkel View Post
    You aren't tired of READING the posts because you are choosing to read it. You are tired of seeing them because, for some reason, the personal decisions of strangers somehow affects you on an emotional level.
    I think my thread affected YOU on an emotional level. I was just saying. No need for being evil. Be evil but constructive and it's cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by gabbott View Post
    and all users on this forum are from the US?
    Who cares about the users that are not in the us.
    That's not nice. The GSM Pre will be mainly for those overseas and I'm sure they would like to read about and discuss the Pre too.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Woah there.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    If they hate it so much why do they post or even go back to this forum? I think they like something about the Pre but they have to go back to their previous addiction to old school phones.
    Quote Originally Posted by jewel View Post
    If they hate it so much why do they post or even go back to this forum?
    Why not?
    I am tired of reading posts attacking other posters for being less than delighted about their Pre. I am also tired of posts attacking Apple, AT&T and most of all PalmOS and the Centro. This is not a Sprint forum, its a Palm forum with a large number of current and former PalmOS users who probably don't enjoy being described as grumpy old men by a certain fanboy on this forum.
    What gets me is when the same poster copies and pastes his original rant in multiple threads. Sheesh, just return it and move on! We get it - you don't like the Pre! That's cool. Use what works for you. But stop with the kvetching already. Don't go away mad - just go away!
    Verizon
    The users not in the US maybe. Way-to-go, enhancing the reputation of your country.
    Quote Originally Posted by gabbott View Post
    Constantly reading "I had my pre 2 days and now I'm back to my blackberry!!!" is going to get old.
    Well, if it was a constant thing, it would not only get old, but it would speak volumes. But the situation isn't like that at all - if you find yourself "constantly reading" posts about people leaving the Pre for another phone, I think you must be re-reading the few examples of those posts ( in comparison to the total number of posts) in this forum.

Enjoy your phone - be honest with the readers here (and yourself) about how you feel about your device and the naysayers will mean nothing to you. Hide any doubts or lingering dislikes about the phone under a facade of "it's great" and the naysayer posts will sting a lot more.
    Quote Originally Posted by ADGrant View Post
    I am tired of reading posts attacking other posters for being less than delighted about their Pre. I am also tired of posts attacking Apple, AT&T and most of all PalmOS and the Centro. This is not a Sprint forum, its a Palm forum with a large number of current and former PalmOS users who probably don't enjoy being described as grumpy old men by a certain fanboy on this forum.
    Amen to that. If you're tired of reading these posts, then don't read them! I'm tired of the "Exchange Server doesn't work" postings myself, so I've stopped reading them until I see something like, "Palm fixes non-SSL Exchange issue!".
    cohoman

Palm Apps:

jVault and jChecklist
    This isnt America, this is the internet.
    I'm not even sure I believe half of them.

In the past competitors and carriers have been know to have "plants" on forums to stir up negative hype. For this reason, I only use my own experience to dictate what I decide.
    True!
    Without any emotion or sarcasm, I would suggest grouping together threads like this one would make it easier for readers (and Palm) to get an idea how many (or few) people are unhappy.

Could the moderators create an "Unhappy Pre Owner" or "Former Pre Owner" folder?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12