Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Anyone know how to add videos to the Pre? In the past with my Treo 755p, I used a special software that burned videos into small mpeg4 files, and copied to the memory card, and played it on my Treo via the TCPMP video player.

I tried copying and pasting the same videos to my Pre's internal drive, and went to the Videos application, but my Pre wouldn't recognize the video file I copied.

On the other hand, adding music mp3 files was very easy. I simply renamed a folder to "Music" which had a bunch of mp3 files, and copied to the Pre's internal drive via the supplied USB cord attached to my computer. The Pre instantly recognized my music and played it just fine. So cool!

Thanks, Casey
    Casey
    Sprint 755p, 700p, 650 - I am not a geek! Really!
    Global Posts
    373 Global Posts
    set pre in usb mode....drag and drop....way too easy.
    DVD Burning and loading Tutorial on the "Pre web site that must not be named" at this link:

(Note: I Have not tried it yet so....)

Tutorial: Converting DVD to Palm Pre
    ETUTREO300
    I've had no trouble adding videos, but the last few have not come with any name even though it obviously had a file name. Anybody else had this problem?
    I added videos by converting them to ipod format and syncing through itunes. Pretty easy.

We need to get a movie player that will play the movie while minimized and multitasking (like reading email).
    Download handbreak --> convert to iphone compatible video. Transfer. Done.
    Who am I, sir? A Utah man am I A Utah man, sir, and will be till I die!
    Casey,

I'm having the same problem. I tethered my Pre, chose "USB Drive", and then copied over two videos. One was mpg and the other was mp4. The MPG did not show up (perhaps that isn't a supported format) and the mp4 file appeared but when I clicked on it reported that it could not playback the video. The filename happened to have spaces in it so I copied the file over again, this time with a simple name (no spaces) and when I untethered, it did not show up in the list at all.

Thusfar I've been unable to play any movies on the phone: disappointing! I suppose I will try itunes next though it seems like a lot of work to do that since I never use itunes.

If anyone figures this out, please post!
    I am having a problem with this. I read the tutorial and for the past couple of days I've been trying to covert the lucky # slevin dvd for the pre. Everytime I follow the settings in the tutorial the movie is very choppy sound and video. I can't seam to figure out how to encode the video. I'm going on a long plane ride next week and would love to be able to this feature working.

Thanks to any one who can help
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    I just dragged a movie from itunes to the pre and it played just fine. I think I changed my extension from .m4v to .mp3.
    do you mean mp4?
    use any ipod video converter. there are plenty free for mac or pc. go to Mac OS X Software Updates and Mac OS X Downloads - VersionTracker (from a pc it will take you to the pc site) and type ipod, it will show you some video converters. once converted plug in your pre as usb drive and drag to ANY folder. done.
    Will this do anything different than handbrake? I have been converting dvd with it into iphone format for a couple of days now and it never works.

I was really looking forward to watching movies on my flight next week. It was going to be a big improvment over watching on my 755, but now I can't even get it to work.

I'll try a different encoder, but if it doesn't work I might start pulling my hair out.
    Got tired of downloading this and that ... all of those programs that encode a video for free, and none of them have worked for me.

I went to best buy, and bought a copy of 123 dvd copy. Installed it, clicked convert dvd to mpeg-4 and it worked like a charm ... much faster that the free versions to boot.

It sucked have to spend almost $50 on the software, but the free programs proved to be nothing but SH**! anyone experiencing the same problems I had encoding DVDs should look into this software, I think it was worth the money.
  14.    #14  
    I just now tried Handbrake, I cannot figure this out for the life of me! Frustrating!
    Casey
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by sraatc17 View Post
    Got tired of downloading this and that ... all of those programs that encode a video for free, and none of them have worked for me.

I went to best buy, and bought a copy of 123 dvd copy. Installed it, clicked convert dvd to mpeg-4 and it worked like a charm ... much faster that the free versions to boot.

It sucked have to spend almost $50 on the software, but the free programs proved to be nothing but SH**! anyone experiencing the same problems I had encoding DVDs should look into this software, I think it was worth the money.

Is this the program you bought? Thanks, Casey

123 Copy DVD :: 123 Copy DVD 2009
    Casey
    Almost, the one I got at Best Buy said 123 Copy DVD Gold '09 (or '09 Gold, I don't know). I don't' know if there are different versions, but I just finished encoding my third DVD of the day with it.

Put them all on the Pre by dropping them into a movies folder in USB Mode, and they all work incredibly well, the quality is amazing ... maybe better than my computer monitor.

P.S. Handbrake Sucked ... I had a beer to celebrate uninstalling it from my computer!
  17.    #17  
    Almost, the one I got at Best Buy said 123 Copy DVD Gold '09 (or '09 Gold, I don't know). I don't' know if there are different versions, but I just finished encoding my third DVD of the day with it.

Put them all on the Pre by dropping them into a movies folder in USB Mode, and they all work incredibly well, the quality is amazing ... maybe better than my computer monitor.

P.S. Handbrake Sucked ... I had a beer to celebrate uninstalling it from my computer!

I'm currently using the 1 day evaulation trial version of the program. So after the movie is finished burning, you then plug in your Pre to your computer using the supplied USB cable, then create a new folder called "Movie" with the burned mpeg4 movie enclosed?

So after the movie is burned using this program, what destination file does it go to? Do I have to create a new destination folder, or will the program create one for me? Thanks! Casey
    Casey
    I think it saves the output to your documents folder, I just changed it to a movies folder .... I'm a little ocd about keeping my folders clutter free.

When it's done you can transfer the mpeg-4 file anywhere on the pre through usb mode (again I like to have folders for everything but you don't have to if you don't want). The video app should show it next time you start it up.
  19.    #19  
    I think it saves the output to your documents folder, I just changed it to a movies folder .... I'm a little ocd about keeping my folders clutter free.

When it's done you can transfer the mpeg-4 file anywhere on the pre through usb mode (again I like to have folders for everything but you don't have to if you don't want). The video app should show it next time you start it up.

I'm currently burning a video right now, it took over an hour to do some sort of pre-formatting, now it's doing the actual "Converting Video File" which will take another hour or so. Hopefully when done, it will work well as it has for you. I will let you know soon. Thanks! Casey
    Casey
  20.    #20  

Yahoo!!! The 123CopyDVD program works great!!! After the movie got converted to mpeg4, it got placed into the Document folder as you said, and I then simply copied and pasted the burned video into the Pre's hard drive using the supplied USB cord. I can't believe how crystal clear the video is!! It's like watching high-def television!! The video I burned was of an adult nature, and it was just unreal how good the video quality is! I'm really happy this works great, I'm going to pay for this program now. Thanks a bunch for your advice!! Much appreciated! -Casey
    Casey
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast