Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Sorry to hear about your Pre issues. The hardware is disappointing in its own right but mainly the screen for me. I have a perfect Pre otherwise! I'm just gonna wait until next week and I'll just exchange mine(and check over the new one with a fine-tooth comb). WebOS has excellent potential though.

EDIT: Yeeup, I don't mind being a beta tester essentially. It was either a Pre or a BB Curve. And while my business side would love a BB Curve for its keyboard and ridiculous battery life, I think I'm allowed a toy every once in awhile.
    Quote Originally Posted by sake View Post
    I don't recall suggesting every single unit was defective. Also, sure, there are some folks complaining. But I see a lot more of disheartened and dissappointed folks returning to their old smartphones because of the hardware issues. There's a difference.

And ultimately... you missed the whole point. Oh well.
    I didn't miss the point. YOu don't want to beta test I get it.

But in case you didn't realize, there were some SERIOUS issues wit the iPhone 3G:

Apple, AT&T mum on iPhone 3G issues | Apple - CNET News
    Global Posts
    308 Global Posts
    Just let threads like these die. Eventually these trolls, moles, or whatever will leave.
    Quote Originally Posted by DougB541 View Post

Look familar?

Cause if you think WebOS stole from the iPhone....then you may as well say the iPhone stole from PalmOS. (but both of those are retarded to say)
    Sorry, but no.

Apple created Newton OS quite a while back before Palm was even thought about.

Quote Originally Posted by dsjr2006 View Post
    Sorry, but no.

...and failed.
    Quote Originally Posted by dsjr2006 View Post
    Sorry, but no.

Talk about a piece of crap device...
    Quote Originally Posted by DougB541 View Post
    I didn't miss the point. YOu don't want to beta test I get it.

But in case you didn't realize, there were some SERIOUS issues wit the iPhone 3G:

Apple, AT&T mum on iPhone 3G issues | Apple - CNET News
    Why do folks keep saying, "Well it happened to the iPhone so this is also very acceptable!" Why do I care about the iPhone? We're talking Palm here.

Clearly Apple has set the benchmark in new crippled product release standards. I must have missed that memo.
    Last edited by sake; 06/09/2009 at 11:35 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by sake View Post
    Why do folks keep saying, "Well it happened to the iPhone so this is also very acceptable!"
    Yeah - I thought the iPhone looked cool (much like the Pre), however I was unimpressed because my Treo could do the same things and more (again, much like the situation with the Pre)
    Quote Originally Posted by ronlongo View Post
    Talk about a piece of crap device...
    Seems to me like it was ahead of it's time since Palm copied it and made the idea a success. The point of me posting that was that he said Apple copied Palm, I was just stating the facts. Don't be so sensitive guys.
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberbob View Post
    What are you smoking? Having a couple of ex-Apple designers does not mean they are made by the same people. Apple and Palm are two very different companies and the only thing Apple had to do with the Pre was the software user interface that Palm stole from them.
    He said "MADE by the same people", not "DESIGNED" by them. Given that the originally poster moaned at some length about how his Pre was a crappy piece of hardware due to being manufactured in China, the respondent was quite right to note the irony of anyone stating that the iPhone was fundamentally different in that regard. Because the iPhone is ALSO manufactured in China, by another subsidiary of the same company that builds the Pre!

It's also quite amusing to see Apply fanboiz get their dander up about other companies "stealing" UIs from Apple. Google "Xerox PARC" and "Alto" if you want to hear the story of Apple's original sin.
    Quote Originally Posted by joehp1 View Post
    I have not yet purchased and will probably NOT. I have had just about ALL of Palm's products throughout the years and like the original post was REALLY looking forward to the Pre. I had been checking the Pre Central posting everyday (or more!) since the release announcement was made. I could not get one on Saturday as they were sold out. I was 5 on the waiting list. After reading EVERY post of the users it is clear this phone was NOT ready for prime time. As don't give me this crap about being an early adopter and expecting to have problems. That is BULL. I still would have bought it EXCEPT that Sprint has not make it easy.

On 5/20 after the release date announcement was made I called telesales and they said since I was a "premier" customer (ha ha!) I could get the phone for the $199 price with discounts, etc. AND I could keep my existing plan. (Family 550 Talk Plan with Sprint date access and SMS messaging - total all in $95 with my wife on it.) Now, that went against what I was reading on the Pre forum but thought okay, just as long as I could get the phone for $199 I would be fine.

Today I went to pick up the phone and they told me that yes, I am a "premier" customer but I could not get the phone for $199. I only qualified for the $75 discount (owned my current phone for only 15 months). I was told I did not have the Simply Everything Plan - so I could not get the discount. So why am I a "premier" customer!? AND I would have to switch to the Simply Everything Plan - an add'l $35 per month.

So - where is the incentive to go with the Pre? After my contract is up I am not re-upping with Sprint (after 20 years with them).

So, that is MY story about this botched release.
    Botched released? because you couldn't get the handset for $199? ok. FWIW, Best Buy has the phone for $350 for 1 year upgraders. And everyone and their mother knew this phone was for an everything plan. But you should find a better provider. Oh, and if you were with AT&T and were up for an upgrade, the iPhone would still cost an arm and a leg. just sayin.
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    Apparently the build quality of your keyboard was also poor, as it appears you don't have an enter key.
    Global Posts
    299 Global Posts
    OK couple of downfalls, no distrbution lists from addressbook and battery life. Am I bringing this sweet thing back....no F%#&in way!!! I remember iPhone talk about poor battery life and improvements with firm ware, I always carried extra batteries with my Blackberry, I'll do it with my long awaited (and very well worth it) PRE. We can find fault with anything but can we learn live with the positives....I can!

"on twitter" PalmPREphil
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123