Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    These moles have to do a better job.. Just listing out every complaint made in 1 massive "I got the ultimate lemon phone" post is just plain stupid and a waste of space.
    Mine has been great. Mine has not got warm even on the touchstone. This phone is great. The browser is simply wonderful. The screen is so damn crisp I am amazed. The keyboard edges could be better I admit but it is not THAT bad. I think anyone having hatdware issues should exchange it. Those problems are not how the Pre is designed.
    Systems Analyst by trade, Drummer by desire and Music Lover by birth. A self proclaimed Geek and gadget nut. ii

Did you know: The Pittsburgh Steelers have more championships than 21 other NFL teams combined!
    Pittsburgh Steelers-6 Time Super Bowl Champions!

Pittsburgh Penguins-3 Time Stanley Cup Champions!
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    I think all Pre owners can see that this post is just some Apple fanboy trying to hurt the Pre's image. The phone does not feel cheap and mine has ZERO hardware issues.

Like somebody said before. The majority is satisfied and remains quiet/unheard, while the minority is annoying the loudest.
    This phone is great I don't care what anyone says... sure it has a lot of short comings but for a first release its better than any other first release I have ever seen...

The first release of the iPhone did not even come close to this phone...

Look the software will be fixed and refined over the next months and we will see many many updates... I love the way the phone can easily patch itself over the web... Not like the iPhone...

A lot of the hard ware battery and heating might be fixed in code updates too... Once they refine the kernel and better multitasking to conserve power...

There is so much room for improvements for this great phone... You just can't knock it after 3 days like that... Just stick to your iPhone... I'll see you in 6 months and will blow away the iPhone 3.0 out of the water...
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    I have not yet purchased and will probably NOT. I have had just about ALL of Palm's products throughout the years and like the original post was REALLY looking forward to the Pre. I had been checking the Pre Central posting everyday (or more!) since the release announcement was made. I could not get one on Saturday as they were sold out. I was 5 on the waiting list. After reading EVERY post of the users it is clear this phone was NOT ready for prime time. As don't give me this crap about being an early adopter and expecting to have problems. That is BULL. I still would have bought it EXCEPT that Sprint has not make it easy.

On 5/20 after the release date announcement was made I called telesales and they said since I was a "premier" customer (ha ha!) I could get the phone for the $199 price with discounts, etc. AND I could keep my existing plan. (Family 550 Talk Plan with Sprint date access and SMS messaging - total all in $95 with my wife on it.) Now, that went against what I was reading on the Pre forum but thought okay, just as long as I could get the phone for $199 I would be fine.

Today I went to pick up the phone and they told me that yes, I am a "premier" customer but I could not get the phone for $199. I only qualified for the $75 discount (owned my current phone for only 15 months). I was told I did not have the Simply Everything Plan - so I could not get the discount. So why am I a "premier" customer!? AND I would have to switch to the Simply Everything Plan - an add'l $35 per month.

So - where is the incentive to go with the Pre? After my contract is up I am not re-upping with Sprint (after 20 years with them).

So, that is MY story about this botched release.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Young HoV 718 View Post
    the iphone is made by the same people so go ahead and get a iphone.
    What he means is that Foxconn manufactured the iphone and Chi Mei Communication Systems, whom manufactured the Pre, is a majority-owned subsidiary of Foxconn, don't believe me, google it, but I don't have enough posts to link it.
    Global Posts
    315 Global Posts
    And the reason you didn't order it from telesales when they gave you the price and the plan you wanted was what exactly? Not hatin', but WTF? You could also have had that telesales person notate your account so the retail store would have that info to work with.

C'mon folks....cowboy up and stop blaming Sprint for failure to remember "buyer beware"...regardless of who you are dealing with!!

bj

Quote Originally Posted by joehp1 View Post
    I have not yet purchased and will probably NOT. I have had just about ALL of Palm's products throughout the years and like the original post was REALLY looking forward to the Pre. I had been checking the Pre Central posting everyday (or more!) since the release announcement was made. I could not get one on Saturday as they were sold out. I was 5 on the waiting list. After reading EVERY post of the users it is clear this phone was NOT ready for prime time. As don't give me this crap about being an early adopter and expecting to have problems. That is BULL. I still would have bought it EXCEPT that Sprint has not make it easy.

On 5/20 after the release date announcement was made I called telesales and they said since I was a "premier" customer (ha ha!) I could get the phone for the $199 price with discounts, etc. AND I could keep my existing plan. (Family 550 Talk Plan with Sprint date access and SMS messaging - total all in $95 with my wife on it.) Now, that went against what I was reading on the Pre forum but thought okay, just as long as I could get the phone for $199 I would be fine.

Today I went to pick up the phone and they told me that yes, I am a "premier" customer but I could not get the phone for $199. I only qualified for the $75 discount (owned my current phone for only 15 months). I was told I did not have the Simply Everything Plan - so I could not get the discount. So why am I a "premier" customer!? AND I would have to switch to the Simply Everything Plan - an add'l $35 per month.

So - where is the incentive to go with the Pre? After my contract is up I am not re-upping with Sprint (after 20 years with them).

I couldnt agree more...

It shouldn't be acceptable to pay essentially $299 for this phone (which is the highest amount it will ever cost) just to receive a handset that was not ready to be rushed out for a launch date. There was obviously some negligence and pressure to get this phone out to the market on the 6th, when clearly it wasn't ready (and i'm only referring to hardware). Every single demo unit at my Sprint corp store has yellow splotching on the screens. They all are running hot as heck. And they're all sluggish. They all show full signal until you make a call then it starts bouncing between 2-5 bars. Wow sign me up!

But remember folks, if you have anything negative to say about the Pre then you're obviously an Apple Fan Boy or a mole from a rival company. Yeah... That's it.

I'm sorry so many of you have been fooled into thinking it's acceptable to buy products at their highest dollar amount so you can beta test them for the company so that we, the masses, may have a good product in 3-6 months. However, I'm sure Palm appreciates your patronage.

For those of you that lucked out and don't have any problems I congratulate you. From my observations you're not the majority though.
    Last edited by sake; 06/09/2009 at 06:54 PM. Reason: typo
    I'm sorry to hear you had such a hard time, but I wouldn't at all call this a botched release.

I would not take what you read on forums as any kind of gauge, you have to understand that people are really only going to post when they have problems.

There are a bunch of posts on here, with the same people posting in them about problems. Think of that against the size of the release and you'll see how few people are actually having issues.

I think you're experience with buying it was not typical. Mine was the exact oposite, it was a pleasure to purchase this phone.

Because there are a few poeople with problems and you're mad a Sprint, I don't think that qualifies as a "botched release."

I do wish you luck with whatever phone you decide on.
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberbob View Post
    What are you smoking? Having a couple of ex-Apple designers does not mean they are made by the same people. Apple and Palm are two very different companies and the only thing Apple had to do with the Pre was the software user interface that Palm stole from them.

Look familar?

Cause if you think WebOS stole from the iPhone....then you may as well say the iPhone stole from PalmOS. (but both of those are retarded to say)
    Quote Originally Posted by sake View Post
    I couldnt agree more...

It shouldn't be acceptable to pay essentially $299 for this phone (which is the highest amount it will ever cost) just to receive a handset that was not ready to be rushed out for a launch date. There was obviously some negligence and pressure to get this phone out to the market on the 6th, when clearly it wasn't ready (and i'm only referring to hardware). Every single demo unit at my Sprint corp store has yellow splotching on the screens. They all are running hot as heck. And they're all sluggish. They all show full signal until you make a call then it starts bouncing between 2-5 bars. Wow sign me up!

But remember folks, if you have anything negative to say about the Pre then you're obviously an Apple Fan Boy or a mole from a rival company. Yeah... That's it.

I'm sorry so many of you have been fooled into thinking it's acceptable to buy products at their highest dollar amount so you can beta test them for the company so that we, the masses, may have a good product in 3-6 months. However, I'm sure Palm appreciates your patronage.

For those of you that lucked out and don't have any problems I congratule you. From my observations you're not the majority though.
    So every single sprint unit?

So would you like me to go to my Sprint store and show you the two perfect Pre's there?

Or both my friends who have two perfect Pre's?

Come on....you know damn well if someone is upset they ***** louder than someone who is not. What phone launch doesn't sound like this on a forum?

Seriously...go to old posts from when the iPhone launched...it was TERRIBLE according to the internet.
    Quote Originally Posted by DougB541 View Post
    So every single sprint unit?

So would you like me to go to my Sprint store and show you the two perfect Pre's there?

Or both my friends who have two perfect Pre's?

Come on....you know damn well if someone is upset they ***** louder than someone who is not. What phone launch doesn't sound like this on a forum?

Seriously...go to old posts from when the iPhone launched...it was TERRIBLE according to the internet.
    I don't recall suggesting every single unit was defective. Also, sure, there are some folks complaining. But I see a lot more of disheartened and dissappointed folks returning to their old smartphones because of the hardware issues. There's a difference.

And ultimately... you missed the whole point. Oh well.
  13.    #33  
    I couldnt agree more...

For those of you that lucked out and don't have any problems I congratule you. From my observations you're not the majority though.

amen.
    the only hardware issue is the battery... but that is fixable with a bigger and better battery when they have it...

Everything else is great about it... I don't mind the keyboard the sharp edges or anything else... I love the fact that its smaller than iPhone... it fits in my palm... no other smart phone does...
    Quote Originally Posted by kilofoxtrot View Post
    Dude.... got a word for you.... paragraphs.
    Wall of text!!!!!!
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vnmous1 View Post
    And the reason you didn't order it from telesales when they gave you the price and the plan you wanted was what exactly? Not hatin', but WTF? You could also have had that telesales person notate your account so the retail store would have that info to work with.

C'mon folks....cowboy up and stop blaming Sprint for failure to remember "buyer beware"...regardless of who you are dealing with!!

bj
    The reason I did not order it was THAT IT WAS NOT AVAILABLE FOR SALE UNTIL 6/6! And, yes - I did ask them to put the note in my file. But like most encounters with Sprint they did not do as they said they would do. Why the hostility!? WTF yourself!
    My Pre is too Damn SEXY to return. I love it. Good looks help me over look a lot of early problems. I mean you want that brick of a cell phone iphone whatever.
    Global Posts
    497 Global Posts
    Why so serious?

dude, your post reads like one huge ***** session...were you crying when you wrote that?
    That's the impression that i get.
    I don't see what all the fuss is about the hardware. I have no problems with it
    Slider feels good, phone feels solid.....is it just me?
    I knew exactly what i was getting when i got it...therefore i am not disappointed.
    You sir obviously did not do enough research.
    sprint lied to me yet again and I was unable to buy on the first day - now I am sitting back and waiting to see where the Pre goes.

Never owned an iPhone and have no desire to so not a fanboy
    Quote Originally Posted by sake View Post
    I couldnt agree more...

For those of you that lucked out and don't have any problems I congratulate you. From my observations you're not the majority though.
    Absolutely dead on!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast