Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    the palm pre is NOT one-handed friendly at all .unless you like the pre flying out of your hands when flippin it up to type even with the rubber back piece im sure some of us got the pre for the "touchstone feel" not some bootleg color change back piece for my pre!!

pre is not better than the treo 700p so please if you are asking stay with you treo 700p n up or wait for the palm EOS!!!

700p over pre!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I have been debating this issue. I think I have the king of the one handed smartphones, the BB Flip. The phone is tiny, the keys are huge (huge!) and SureType makes typing a breeze.

The trackball means never having to move your thumb. The lack of a touchscreen means never moving any other fingers. The system wide font adjust means no zooming necessary, despite its smallish screen.

Double tap to zoom on my Pre doesn't always make it big enough to read and multitouch is then necessary, of course followed by scrolling side to side.

Since I drive a bigtruck for a living that is when I am using my phone most. Scary huh?

But I think that is what we mean mostly when we speak of one handedness.
    Last edited by galavanter; 06/10/2009 at 05:49 AM.
    down with dope (palm pre)
    up with hope (palm EOS)

just my 2 cents

~~~~~~~~~~~~> 700p over pre <~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    i know i can't unlock the phone with one hand! i guess the distance between my thumb and hand is not great enough to get that swipe all the way to the top!
    Quote Originally Posted by eddieras View Post
    i know i can't unlock the phone with one hand! i guess the distance between my thumb and hand is not great enough to get that swipe all the way to the top!
    You only have to swipe the padlock in the yellow circle about an inch and a half in any direction until it is outside the two semi-circles that appear when you touch it. Keep working on it, you can do it.

This is much more ergonomic and a definite improvement on the left to right only slide across gesture of the iPhone.
    thansk - i thought i had to swipe all the way to the top of the screen!
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    Some one-handed tips I've discovered
    Great post jbg7474. I have been a one-handed fan / user for a long time. It took me a while to get used to it, but I almost always use my Pre one-handed now. I think they've nailed it on balancing the functionality/large screen and one-handedness in this form factor.
    I'm coming from a Sprint Mogul and that thing was the arch nemesis to one handed operation!! The Pre IMO is excellent for one hand texts and pretty much ANY quick operation you'd like to do!!!! It was pretty much impossible to do quick texts with one hand with the mogul or even dial a number (voice dial not withstanding). I just find myself being more and more amazed at how I can reach every single icon or button on the keyboard with 1 Thumb!!
    Sincerely,

Dwight Shrute
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12