Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    I had a blackberry 8350i and just sold it to a friend. I hope I did the right thing. My Pre has no problems yet, but are any of you keeping your old phone until you are sure of the Pre, or did you get rid of it already?
    Mine is in my desk. There may be stuff on it that I still want so I'm not ready to get rid of it yet.
    Got my HTC Touch Pro sitting right next to me. Anyone want it?
    Still have it, wont get rid of it, in case Pre needs repair I will at least have a backup phone.
    "These Things We Do, That Others May Live"
    In my pocket... I need my Splash ID data until a Pre app comes out, and I admit that sometimes I still want one handed contact and calendar lookup until I get usd to the Pre.. Crazy huh?
    ETUTREO300
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Sold my iPhone for $200 more than I paid for it, on craigslist.
    Global Posts
    258 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fitzla View Post
    Sold my iPhone for $200 more than I paid for it, on craigslist.
    Wait, I just BOUGHT an iPhone for $200 more than what others paid for it....

DAMN!

Just kidding, Pre FTW. My old phone is also right next to me.
    My iPhone is in my left pocket while I evaluate the Pre... It's getting nervous as it sees a craigslist listing in its future. I'm still gonna put the pre through the ringer for several more days to see if it's a keeper.
    My Centro is sitting next to me on my desk. I'm still using it for reference until SplashData comes out with SplashID and SplashMoney. I don't want to pay $30 for Classic and would rather buy apps optimized for WebOS.
  10. H_D
    Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    I still have my BBCurve until I've finished my trial on ther Pre. Haven't COMPLETELY made up my mind as yet but I'm hopeful the next few updates from Palm will improve overall functionality (memory managment,some basic features that Palm missed).
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mecca View Post
    I had a blackberry 8350i and just sold it to a friend. I hope I did the right thing. My Pre has no problems yet, but are any of you keeping your old phone until you are sure of the Pre, or did you get rid of it already?
    MY VX8300 is in my bag calling me to go back to Verizon reminding me daily what a great "phone" it is and how I could throw it in my bag or pocket without worrying about the screen and how LOUD it's speakerphone was and how it announced "call from ____name" etc;=)

Each day I find myself in an epic battle over staying the course or bailing and waiting for a better PalmOS phone down the road with Sprint or on Verizon but I really really like this OS. Sprint I am not completely convinced about yet.

Each day the VX8300's voice gets a wee bit lower as I think back and tell it, yeah but today I had to call Matt's HS attendance office and I did not have the number. I typed it on the phone, it took me to Google and showed me the phone number. I tapped on it and it dialed...how amazing is that!

This Synergy/universal search is the best!

I think a few updates from Palm would really help nudge me to believe this is worth sticking it out over the 30 day trial.
  12. dpc
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    Wiped the Treo 680 and gave it to my brother, he's with att.
    My HTC Touch is back in the box. I have never gotten rid of any of my phones. I still have my first, an Audiovox which is from early 90's. Maybe it is time to unload some of my old relics including the Touch.
    My phone is in ebay.
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    in my drawer. will be selling my diamond soon enough
    Mine's at home and could be back in action soon. I'm waiting for the next OS update to see if thing improve. Looking for better reception and no SSL for Exchange. If those things aren't in a very near future update, I'm gonna have to go back to my BlackBerry.

It's kinda sad actually. I really like the Pre but think I'm gonna be forced to return in and watch from the sidelines until some updates are made.
    Brandon
    My Treo 700p is sitting on the kitchen table.

Oddly enough, since I got my Pre, the defunct Treo has indicated not once but twice that I have "new voicemail". Of course, it's not possible to check the voicemail, because that phone is no longer activated to the network.

Kinda creepy really... it's like it doesn't want to die!
    SUNSPOT
    Arena Rock for Geeks
    My Centro is with me until the EAS sync gets worked out and I'm sure I have backups of everything. Probably do the $50 return to sprint at that point. I'm also building a shrine of my former palms. I've got 5 so far.
    sold my centro on craigslist
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sunspotwendy View Post
    My Treo 700p is sitting on the kitchen table.

Oddly enough, since I got my Pre, the defunct Treo has indicated not once but twice that I have "new voicemail". Of course, it's not possible to check the voicemail, because that phone is no longer activated to the network.

Kinda creepy really... it's like it doesn't want to die!
    when i got my instinct activated, my old phone (blade) would replicate it. if the instinct gets a phone call, so would the blade. same with text, etc. lol

it was kinda cool for awhile
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast