Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    I have an idea I would like to share that concerns protecting your new best friend.

I'm going to open the top seam of one side of the supplied case so that I can slide in a plastic card to help protect the screen from bumps while it's in my pocket.
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    I was thinking of punching a hole in the side of the case to accommodate a headphone plug...when the 27 people in front of me get their Pre so I can get mine
    Quote Originally Posted by dump71 View Post
    I was thinking of punching a hole in the side of the case to accommodate a headphone plug...when the 27 people in front of me get their Pre so I can get mine
    If you're talking about the softcase, then the top on that is open so no hole-punching required. The headphone jack is on the top of the Pre and will fit fine with the case over it.

The plastic slip is an interesting idea. My idea would to unstitch the orange stitching as opposed to trying to cut in between the black and orange pieces. That way you can slip the plastic screen into it and sew it back up using the original stitching. Should look really good.

Heck, I might even try it and post a HowTo! Great idea.
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    Good point, but I was referring to the side case...
    Quote Originally Posted by PreInsiders View Post
    If you're talking about the softcase, then the top on that is open so no hole-punching required. The headphone jack is on the top of the Pre and will fit fine with the case over it.

The plastic slip is an interesting idea. My idea would to unstitch the orange stitching as opposed to trying to cut in between the black and orange pieces. That way you can slip the plastic screen into it and sew it back up using the original stitching. Should look really good.

Heck, I might even try it and post a HowTo! Great idea.
    There is a hard and sturdy clear plastic cradle that came in the box with my Pre.

I've been considering sniping off the corners and sliding it in to the case with the Pre for when I'm in heavy crowds where knees and railings will be bumping me.

But your idea - to slip something between the outer and inner walls of the sleeve - I think I might do that.
    Quote Originally Posted by FoolNamedJon View Post
    There is a hard and sturdy clear plastic cradle that came in the box with my Pre.
    Uh,then you lucked out, because that's not supposed to come with the Pre. What comes in the box is a suede or something type case with a black exterior and orange interior.
    No, it's not like a case.

It's just a shipping packaging thing. It was what the Pre was resting on when your box was first opened.
    Quote Originally Posted by FoolNamedJon View Post
    No, it's not like a case.

It's just a shipping packaging thing. It was what the Pre was resting on when your box was first opened.
    OH, that. I thought you were referring to something like this:

Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Uh,then you lucked out, because that's not supposed to come with the Pre. What comes in the box is a suede or something type case with a black exterior and orange interior.
    I think he's talking about the plastic divider that holds the pre so it looks like a cradle. The piece you remove to get to the manuals/charger.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    I have just finished my project.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    I would love to post photos.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    But I currently only have 5 post's.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    To embed photos in post's, I have to have ten posts.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    So that is why I am posting one line at a time.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Only three more posts to go!
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Three
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Two
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Finally! I sled an old bank card in between two layers on one side then patched things up.

I have one stitch that is skew but it's my first time.

Now taking orders.
    Quote Originally Posted by aspbsecs View Post
    Two
    I lol'ed
    Great job how much? lol
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast