1.    #1  
    so im schedule to buy a new pre 2morrow off craigslist for $500 (current sprint customer, no upgrade till november)

where can i go to do an ESN check? (he says its clean tho)

and when i get it, all i have to do is call sprint and give them my esn # and the pre is working?
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    Get the esn from the seller and just call sprint.
    if you already have an account with Sprint, the ESN swapper can verify that the Pre ESN is clean and activatible.

all of this presumes that your current Sprint plan is Pre-eligible (a SE or EPRP data plan)...

but I also thought that the Pre wasn't easily "programmed" manually and it uses an OTA mechanism, requiring MSL entry, and that Sprint was VERY tight about giving out MSLs to Pre's at this point... so you *may* have to do an in-store activation.
  4.    #4  
    im on regular unlimited everything 99 plan

how or where is this ESN swapper?

and yeh trying to figure out exactly what i need to activate it after buying from 3rd party
    Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter600 View Post
    so im schedule to buy a new pre 2morrow off craigslist for $500 (current sprint customer, no upgrade till november)

where can i go to do an ESN check? (he says its clean tho)

and when i get it, all i have to do is call sprint and give them my esn # and the pre is working?
    Did you think of waiting a few weeks and talking Sprint into giving you the 2 year deal now?? I have done that through out my Sprint life and plan on doing it with the Pre, my contract is up in October but I plan on going in there within a few weeks and working my magic...might save you couple hundred bucks but if your rich it does matter I guess