Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 29
  1. bignoze's Avatar
    Posts
    330 Posts
    Global Posts
    373 Global Posts
       #1  
    did not think multi task was a big deal....but wow it makes life so much easier.

    I was using Nav and talking then checking email.......so awesome.

    Thanks Palm!
  2. #2  
    I'm liking mine more and more, definately takes some getting used to as I've only used blackberries for smartphones.

    Multi-tasking and app switching is so easy with this phone.
  3. Stihl's Avatar
    Posts
    741 Posts
    Global Posts
    747 Global Posts
    #3  
    Agreed. In fact, a lot of the reservations I had initially are gone now. I was put off by the hardware and the plastic feel, until I realized after a night out just how nice it was to be able to slip this in and out of my pocket w/o feeling weighed down.
  4. bignoze's Avatar
    Posts
    330 Posts
    Global Posts
    373 Global Posts
       #4  
    Size is perfect too.


    I love my Itouch, 3.0 SW makes it even nicer....but would not want to have that big thing in my pocket all the time.
  5. #5  
    I've had a Treo 600, a 700p, a 755p, and a Moto q9c, and from reading up on every little thing about it, I knew that I'd love the Pre barring any major issues.

    Now, don't get me wrong, there's a ton of little minor issues and nitpicks. But mainly, I have to agree. As I use it more and more, I just love it more. I actually hadn't really had any extended phone calls over the weekend to answer (only a few short calls as tests mostly), but today was on the phone for a while and it just hit me how well it's been handling everything.
  6. #6  
    Every time I pick it up to play or use, I find something new I didn't know about.

    I expect this to continue for a while - it just keeps getting better and better.

    Missing some things - for certain. Overall, great!
  7. #7  
    I keep trying to do things in different ways. For example, in the beginning I would open a new app by pressing the button, brining up the launcher, going to the page and starting the app. Slooowww... Then, I started double swiping up to open the launcher -- not really any faster but the choice is nice. Lately I've started using the wave quick launcher and man, am I loving this.

    Also, I was initially worried about too many apps open so I would constantly go to card view to close apps. Haven't had any problems tough so now I just close apps when I need to go into card view to switch to another app.

    So much fun!!!
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by ronlongo View Post
    Also, I was initially worried about too many apps open so I would constantly go to card view to close apps. Haven't had any problems tough so now I just close apps when I need to go into card view to switch to another app.
    That brings up another good point, as I get more and more used to the device, I start to become more comfortable with it. The first day at least, out of habit, I'd still generally close cards just because. I'm still not entirely used to the wave launcher, but I'm trying to force myself to because I know it'll be useful.

    I'm still torn on the advanced gestures, because with them on you can't use the gesture area to scroll in landscape view, but that's another thing I'd have to get used to as well.
  9. #9  
    I agree. Still getting used to it, but the multi-tasking is very effective and useful. I knew I'd love the form factor because "pocketable" has been their mantra for a decade. Not enamorable with the slider or the useless center button, but that's a slight compromise. Surprised I like the TS so much.

    Now if someone could make a holster that is SAFE. This phone can not take the beating my Centro has.
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by bignoze View Post
    Size is perfect too.


    I love my Itouch, 3.0 SW makes it even nicer....but would not want to have that big thing in my pocket all the time.
    Auto-Fail for calling it Itouch.

    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    I've had a Treo 600, a 700p, a 755p, and a Moto q9c, and from reading up on every little thing about it, I knew that I'd love the Pre barring any major issues.

    Now, don't get me wrong, there's a ton of little minor issues and nitpicks. But mainly, I have to agree. As I use it more and more, I just love it more. I actually hadn't really had any extended phone calls over the weekend to answer (only a few short calls as tests mostly), but today was on the phone for a while and it just hit me how well it's been handling everything.
    Same here. I LOVE the size and while there are tons of issues here and there, overall I think it is a home run product.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

    Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
  11. #11  
    This is, without a doubt, the best phone I've used.. including the iPhone.

    I was able to set everything up SO easily it's incredible.
    Everything just makes sense to me on this phone, they did such an amazing job with the OS that I'm just completely blown away.
  12. fitzla's Avatar
    Posts
    79 Posts
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    #12  
    I love it more and more every day. Suck it, iPhone.
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    Auto-Fail for calling it Itouch.
    Can't stop chuckling over this one.. lol
  14. #14  
    There are some things missing that I'm sure will get added but I think some of the complaints of the phone are just because people are used to doing things a certain way with their previous smartphones. I think it is alot like switching someone's OS from windows to mac or vice versa, there will be a learning curve and sometimes people fight it a bit. But just because it is different doesn't make it a negative. We just have to become used to the OS and learn what can be done on it so we become more effiecient. I think WebOS shows alot of potential. Sure it wont be for everyone. There is NO perfect smartphone.
  15. #15  
    Yea, its definitely different coming from WinMo. But there software (nitpicky missing features aside) is just awesome.

    I am not loving the form factor, but I think it is just because I really like front facing candy bar qwerty's (coming from a Samsung Ace). I could just need to get used to it. And if I can't, the Pre will definitely hold me over until Sprint releases the Palm Eos lol.

    But yes, WebOS is definitely going to be around for a long time.
  16. bignoze's Avatar
    Posts
    330 Posts
    Global Posts
    373 Global Posts
       #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    Auto-Fail for calling it Itouch.



    Same here. I LOVE the size and while there are tons of issues here and there, overall I think it is a home run product.
    You geeks make me laugh.....always trying to point out a fault.

    Well itouch is what I have and itouch is what I meant......is it not the same basic size as an iphone
  17. #17  
    I'm with you....I also have the itouch and now when I go back and use it, I find myself wanting to use the pre gestures and multitasking and universal search even more....I've also decided besides my twitterific app, I'm not missing anything on my ipod touch...until I need a fun game to play when I'm bored.
  18. #18  
    they defiantly did good. just in a few more updates and it will be even better
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by bignoze View Post
    You geeks make me laugh.....always trying to point out a fault.

    Well itouch is what I have and itouch is what I meant......is it not the same basic size as an iphone
    I'm sorry, I don't believe there is an ITouch in the Apple store. I think you meat to say iPod Touch right?

    Quote Originally Posted by NM08SRT8 View Post
    Can't stop chuckling over this one.. lol
    Why can't people call the product the name it has. Nobody calls the Pre Palm or Treo. Nobody says oh I have a Treo instead of Pre. Why do people call it ITouch?
    Last edited by Eguy; 06/09/2009 at 07:23 PM.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

    Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    Why can't people call the product the name it has. Nobody calls the Pre Palm or Treo. Nobody says oh I have a Treo instead of Pre. Why do people call it ITouch?
    Easier to say/type. Honestly, I prefer iPod Touch too, but if this is the stuff you go through your day worrying about I would probably get a hobby of some sort.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions