1.    #1  
    Oh.. who remembers the good old Treo300 days when if you let your battery drain to -0- you lost all your data....

Well... I am having flashbacks.. alhough I assume I did not brick my phone... But it does not work at all at the moment and according to the Palm Troubleshooting guide.. this is normal!!

Palm Support : Palm Pre Sprint - Battery does not charge or hold a charge

I let my battery drain to 0... and then plugged it in... a Large battery with a lightening bolt appeared when I plugged it in, BUT the phone would not turn on.

I unplugged it and a large icon of a cord/plug appeared with a big "?"

Plugging it back in does not seem to do anything... still a picture of a cord/plugand a big "?"

Same thing when I put it on the touchstone now.

From Pam's troubleshooting guide:

"Your battery may be charging even if it does not appear to be doing so. If your battery becomes extremely low, a message appears telling you to connect your phone to a charger, and your phone soon shuts off. After you connect your phone to a charger, you still may not be able to turn it on for up to 20 minutes while the battery charges to the minimum level for operation."

So.. it may be charging.. I assume it is... I will let everyone know the results in 20 minutes or so... BUT if you want to use your phone... do not let it run to -0- and think you can just plug it in and work while it is plugged in...

Lesson learned... at the moment I own a pretty brick... (or polished lake pebble...)

Additional guidance from Palm guide:
    http://kb.palm.com/wps/portal/kb/na/.../17390_en.html

My phone won't turn onArticle ID: 17390

If your phone will not turn on, try these steps. If your phone turns on, there is no need to continue the procedure.

Press power .
    Press and hold power .
    Press and hold power and slide the ringer switch three times to restart your phone.
    Your phone needs a certain level of charge to be able to turn on. If you’re not sure how charged your phone is, charge it for a least 20 minutes using the AC charger plugged directly into a wall outlet, and then repeat steps 1 to 3
    Last edited by ETUTREO300; 06/09/2009 at 03:56 PM.
    ETUTREO300
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    take the battery out and then put the battery back in - it happened to me yesterday & that's what the Sprint store told me to do. it worked.
    Last edited by lbates; 06/09/2009 at 03:27 PM. Reason: typo
    This is the same as any ipod, iPhone, and my blackberry bold
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    same with my ipod, i often forget my battery ran out.
    Global Posts
    497 Global Posts
    same here, took my battery out. booted right back up. I'll never let my battery drain again, i know that much.
    Known issue in the sticky ' Buglist for Pre ' thread. See #23
    LOL. Don't panic. Many, MANY phones are like this, including my Blackberry Curve that I had prior to the Pre. In fact, my Pre is dead right now as well....well let charge for a while and I am sure it will be fine.
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    This happened to me the first day also, the biggest problem was this happened at 3am. And I bite my nails so it took me a good 45 mins to even get the back off which I couldn't even do. Luckily my mom woke up and she let me use her nail. I hate the way you take the back off the phone, I love love love how great and simple the Storms was, but thank god this is a huge deal. Just pull out battery and boom your good to go.
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    happened to my wifes phone. left it plugged in 10 mins and it was back to normal.
    This happened to me last night while I was out drinking. It died on me at the bar. Luckily I had my charger in the car (my radio has a USB port) so I started charging it. But I was very annoyed at the fact that even though the phone was getting power, I had to wait like 15 minutes until it had enough "juice" to be usuable.
    Follow Me On

11.    #11  
    Thanks all... I did search before I posted... Guess I missed it.

Battery reset did not turn phone on, but I did get back to the power charging indicator and then to a nice palm logo, so I assume it is charging.. I have a nice brick for a while though.... Like I said... lesson learned... With no back up battery nor battery charging cradle for an extra battery if there was one... this is hard.. I am going to follow Dieter's advice and get an emergency charger with an adapter that fits at Best Buy tonight....

((
    ETUTREO300
    Global Posts
    209 Global Posts
    Yeah this is like hell trying to figure out the first time.
    Drove 3 hours to buy my Palm Pre on day one.
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    dude, relax, my sony ericsson does that too and I never had any trouble with it.