1.    #1  
    OK, I just found out that my brand new Pre does not support [insert software-related feature here]. I CAN'T believe they didn't include this feature. I've been using this feature for as long as I care to remember, and even my [insert previous phone] had this feature. In my opinion, the lack of [insert software-related feature] is an absolutely dealbreaker, and I wouldn't be surprised to see many users jumping ship to [insert non-Sprint carrier here]. I know I'll be returning my Pre and going back to my old [insert previous phone].

Just thought I'd save a bunch of people some time. It's day four of a 1.0 device people; fixes will come.
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    I can't believe it doesn't have an "Upcoming Events" section on the calendar like my Palm 680 has. It lists the next few calendar events up to 7 days away as well as any tasks that are due soon.

On the Pre, it should either be displayed in the Calendar App alongside the "day/week/month" buttons, OR displayed on the background picture of WebOS.

It's quite annoying not having this after i was used to it for so long. I feel a bit in the dark without it.
    LMAO!! Good template.. Really hope i dont have to use it in august when i get my Pre.
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by disc View Post
    OK, I just found out that my brand new Pre does not support [insert software-related feature here]. I CAN'T believe they didn't include this feature. I've been using this feature for as long as I care to remember, and even my [insert previous phone] had this feature. In my opinion, the lack of [insert software-related feature] is an absolutely dealbreaker, and I wouldn't be surprised to see many users jumping ship to [insert non-Sprint carrier here]. I know I'll be returning my Pre and going back to my old [insert previous phone].

Just thought I'd save a bunch of people some time. It's day four of a 1.0 device people; fixes will come.
    That's hilarious. Good point about this being very early in the process. I am enjoying my Pre more and more as time goes on. Sure I have things I'd like to see added, but all in all it's a great phone.
    OK, I just found out that my brand new Pre does not support ALARMS ON WEEKDAYS ONLY. I CAN'T believe they didn't include this feature. I've been using this feature for as long as I care to remember, and even my G1 had this feature. In my opinion, the lack of SLEEP ON THE WEEKEND is an absolutely dealbreaker, and I wouldn't be surprised to see many users jumping ship to AT&T. I know I'll be returning my Pre and going back to my old G1.
    Jerks. You act like just because you're willing to put up with a beta device, everyone should be. Face it, not everyone buys a smartphone to have a toy to play with. Many (most?) purchasers buy it because they need to get things done! And all those missing features make it harder, or in some cases impossible, to do those things we need to do.

If the Pre is perfect for you, then I'm happy for you. But for those of us that actually have work to do, the lack of features that have been available in other options for 10+ years is more than disapointing, and more than an annoyance. It's a deal breaker.

Version 1.0 or not, I need a phone that works for me today, not 6 months from now. Maybe.

Oh, just as an aside. Many of the features people are complaining are missing: Existed in version 1.0 of the Palm OS, 15 years ago. We're not asking for the moon.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    Jerks. You act like just because you're willing to put up with a beta device, everyone should be. Face it, not everyone buys a smartphone to have a toy to play with. Many (most?) purchasers buy it because they need to get things done! And all those missing features make it harder, or in some cases impossible, to do those things we need to do.

If the Pre is perfect for you, then I'm happy for you. But for those of us that actually have work to do, the lack of features that have been available in other options for 10+ years is more than disapointing, and more than an annoyance. It's a deal breaker.

Version 1.0 or not, I need a phone that works for me today, not 6 months from now. Maybe.

Oh, just as an aside. Many of the features people are complaining are missing: Existed in version 1.0 of the Palm OS, 15 years ago. We're not asking for the moon.
    The problem being, 95% of the people *****ing are complaining about crap that means absolutely 0 to productivity.

Facebook updates?
    text ringtones?
    album covers in mp3 player?
    saving pictures from websites?

If that's the kind of stuff that you ABSOLUTELY need in order to stay in business, well then, you shouldn't have bought a v. 1.0 device.

Oh, and if you ABSOLUTELY need that stuff, you're not a real business owner. grow up.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Besides....

...according to your definition, the iPhone has been in BETA for the past 3 years.

For those of us that have work to do, and not just talk about doing work, we don't depend on a v1.0 hardware and v1.0 software to accomplish that.
    Text Ringtones and vibration is a major feature if I'm waiting for an email and everyyyy system sound is the same.
    I want a to copy and paste from non editable text fields
    Oh and to be able to save a dang picture from a website
    Quote Originally Posted by kaze0 View Post
    OK, I just found out that my brand new Pre does not support ALARMS ON WEEKDAYS ONLY. I CAN'T believe they didn't include this feature. I've been using this feature for as long as I care to remember, and even my G1 had this feature. In my opinion, the lack of SLEEP ON THE WEEKEND is an absolutely dealbreaker, and I wouldn't be surprised to see many users jumping ship to AT&T. I know I'll be returning my Pre and going back to my old G1.
    uhhh . . . yes it does
    Change the text size in the email/messaging apps
    In general there just needs to be more changeabillity... not everyone likes things the same way, and so we need to be able to change the settings in each application to suit.
    At a minimum the Palm Pre should have had all of same features available on the Treos and Centro. I have no idea what the heck Palm was thinking here.
    Quote Originally Posted by richaoj View Post
    uhhh . . . yes it does
    It was more of a sarcastic response due to the bug that applied if you created a weekdays only alarm on a Saturday. It would go off on Sunday. Unfortunately until the source was released I thought the issue was much much worse.
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jagerwick View Post
    The problem being, 95% of the people *****ing are complaining about crap that means absolutely 0 to productivity.

Facebook updates?
    text ringtones?
    album covers in mp3 player?
    saving pictures from websites?

If that's the kind of stuff that you ABSOLUTELY need in order to stay in business, well then, you shouldn't have bought a v. 1.0 device.

Oh, and if you ABSOLUTELY need that stuff, you're not a real business owner. grow up.
    But I'm a professional Facebook user / photo downloader!