webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  Palm Pre and Pre Plus > Incentives/discounts to switch to Sprint?
Incentives/discounts to switch to Sprint?

Old 06/09/2009, 02:50 PM   #1 (permalink)

I'm traveling and can't get a Pre until I get home. In the meantime I called Sprint to learn how to transfer my phone number, and see if they would offer an incentive for me to switch from my current cell provider since I'll have to pay a $200.00US termination fee. I was offered a mere $25.00 discount on my 1st bill to switch.

Anyone else seek and/or offered an incentive? Just curious.
Lighthouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/09/2009, 03:02 PM   #2 (permalink)

If you get one of the Everything plans, you can get a Corporate Discount from your employer up to 27% (depending on your employer). Other than that, more discounts come when you're with them for a while. Also, Call 1800-Sprint-1, press 0 and 0, when it asks for your number, put in the number "5", then keep going to 0 and 0 and ask to speak to Account Services. See if they can help you. Not sure if they can since you're not a customer but they may possibly be able to work with teleasles to get you set up, and then Account Services applies any monthly reoccurring credits to your account.
NM08SRT8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/09/2009, 04:46 PM   #3 (permalink)

Incentive, lower bill
Oo Batman oO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/09/2009, 04:47 PM   #4 (permalink)

I have one here

in Puerto Rico the rebate is instant, so if you know someone in the island you can have that person order the phone and send it via snailmail

At least that's what my sister did
SenenCito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/09/2009, 08:55 PM   #5 (permalink)

Hmm, I currently work for myself...so, no corp. discount will be granted anytime soon. Good to know for others, though.
Yes, Batman...a lower bill is certainly incentive in its own right. (And, may I just take a moment to say I support you and your cause.)
Lighthouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/09/2009, 09:14 PM   #6 (permalink)

I actually got a great discount for switching. I opened my account on Weds. which screwed me on Saturday because the Sprint Corp. stores in my area weren't doing exchanges on release day, but that's another story.

When I went in to open my account on Weds I was lucky enough to be dealing with the Lead Retail Manager and I made it very clear that I was potentially switching from ATT and that I would be opening 4 lines on an Everything Family plan. I really didn't have to say much to this guy, he basically just said he would upgrade my account to a Legacy account which awards me a 25% discount on my monthly bill. He then gave me 3 Rants for free and waived all activation fees. It was pretty incredible. He ended up screwing me on Saturday after he promised me a Pre but w/e. It was a great deal.
locd32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/09/2009, 09:34 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lighthouse View Post
Hmm, I currently work for myself...so, no corp. discount will be granted anytime soon. Good to know for others, though.
Yes, Batman...a lower bill is certainly incentive in its own right. (And, may I just take a moment to say I support you and your cause.)
I shouldn't be saying this but if you ask real nicely to a a third-party dealer, you can net the Wells Fargo discount(27%) without verification. Luckily, I actually work for Wells Fargo so no qualms for me!
beret9987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/09/2009, 09:44 PM   #8 (permalink)

what cell company are you with? some don't charge you the full amount to cancel after a certain amount of time. sprint now takes $10 of a month, the minimum cancel fee being $50. might be worth checking into. also, i think if you belong to a credit union you can get some (?)% off each month. the plans are pretty cheap, considering what you would pay with some of the other compaines for the same service. and i for one like sprint. they can be a little difficult to deal with sometimes but you have to be firm with them.

...plus right now it's the only company you can get a pre with. what more of an incentive do you need???
i.freakin.heart.palm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/09/2009, 10:31 PM   #9 (permalink)

If you belong to a credit union, 10% is the discount.

All the Everything Plans qualify for a discount except for the Individual SE plan (with unlimited minutes) to which, no discounts are applied.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0