1.    #1  
    HYPOTHETICAL QUESTION. I don't want any other carriers to get the coolest phone Sprint has either. But if Verizon gets the Pre for some dumb reason next year... could I just sign up with Verizon without buying a new phone? Does anyone here know how that works?

Thanks.
    No Sir..

Also, Sprint will have the Pre for longer than 6 months. A 2yr rumor is going around..
    Neither Sprint nor Verizon will activate a phone they did not sell you. You'll have to buy the Verizon version, which might not be so bad. By the time they get it we could be on Pre v.3 or v.4, with 32 GB of internal memory and other neat additions.
    Verizon
    Verizon will have a phone like Pre, probably that Eos they were talking about, but looks like the rumor is that sprint has exclusive rights to the pre for 2 full years.
    Well, VZW Does have an open network.. It takes a while for VZW to test a phone, and install their software but it's very very rare.
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sprockethead View Post
    HYPOTHETICAL QUESTION. I don't want any other carriers to get the coolest phone Sprint has either. But if Verizon gets the Pre for some dumb reason next year... could I just sign up with Verizon without buying a new phone? Does anyone here know how that works?

Thanks.
    Well heres what you can do...

Pre: $300
    Termination: $140 ($10 off after month 6).
    Rebate: $-100
    eBay the Pre in December: -$250

Jump to Verizon
    Pre: $200 (Estimated)

Total loss: $290 to jump to Verizon.

Thats not a bad price to pay for an improved version of the Pre.