Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Opened my smartphone and put in another battery.

My battery life actually has been holding up very well. I got an extra battery just in case. Unlike Iphoners, I have the option of switching out a battery. Ultimately, being able to switch out a battery means battery life is not a problem with the Pre. Can't say that for all phones.
    I take my shots here and there at our resident iPhone worshipper, mobileman and iPhone fanboys in general...

...but this is just as bad.

The Pre is great, not because it is NOT an iPhone, but because it IS a Pre. It has its own unique assets and liabilities, and incessantly comparing it to iPhone does neither device justice. The iPhone is also a really nice device, but it has a different focus. Not better. Not worse. Just different.
    Does the browser have Flash video support like the Nokia N97? Plus 32GB of internal memory and micro SD slot?

J/K.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Global Posts
    747 Global Posts
    [x]horrible thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Visor To Pre View Post
    Opened my smartphone and put in another battery.

My battery life actually has been holding up very well. I got an extra battery just in case. Unlike Iphoners, I have the option of switching out a battery. Ultimately, being able to switch out a battery means battery life is not a problem with the Pre. Can't say that for all phones.
    Hey, look I'm doing something a Pre can't do. I'm browsing the web while on a call. Don't start these dumb threads.
    You can't browse the web on a call??? The Pre I mean.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    Does the browser have Flash video support like the Nokia N97? Plus 32GB of internal memory and micro SD slot?

J/K.
    No but does GSM have the Pre yet? No... :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Stihl View Post
    [x]horrible thread
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    I take my shots here and there at our resident iPhone worshipper, mobileman and iPhone fanboys in general...

...but this is just as bad.

The Pre is great, not because it is NOT an iPhone, but because it IS a Pre. It has its own unique assets and liabilities, and incessantly comparing it to iPhone does neither device justice. The iPhone is also a really nice device, but it has a different focus. Not better. Not worse. Just different.
    Thanks, I guess I can call you a Palm Pre worshipper. The ability to swap batteries should never ever be an excuse for terrible battery life. Lets face it, the Pre battery is awful.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    You can't browse the web on a call??? The Pre I mean.
    No you can't. I was using my iPhone.
    This thread sucks. It's just one of those threads that are made to start arguments.
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    Thanks, I guess I can call you a Palm Pre worshipper. The ability to swap batteries should never ever be an excuse for terrible battery life. Lets face it, the Pre battery is awful.
    LOL. In a thread where I go out of my way to defend the iPhone, you respond by taking shots at the Pre.

Stay classy, Moby.
    Global Posts
    308 Global Posts
    Let's face it At&t is awful. At least when my battery is charged I can make a phone call. It is a phone after all.
    Regardless, both of these phones need a solar panel on the backside, or a built-in crank handle for generating almost enough power
    LOL. In a thread where I go out of my way to defend the iPhone, you respond by taking shots at the Pre.

Stay classy, Moby.
    The same thread where you started off by calling me an "iPhone worshipper".

Stay Classy Mikah.
    ibtl!!!!!!!
    << My command as we escape Palm HQ with a new Pre 3>>.

Treo 300 >> Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755 >> Instinct >> Pre- >> TouchPad
    Quote Originally Posted by judgeFire View Post
    Regardless, both of these phones need a solar panel on the backside, or a built-in crank handle for generating almost enough power
    So true. +1000
    -Goatin' Ain't Easy-
    The same thread where you started off by calling me an "iPhone worshipper".

Stay Classy Mikah.
    And youlve called or implied I am a Palm fanboy a gazillion times. Are we little girls at a play tea party?

I came to this thread to DEFEND the iPhone and to PREEMPT petty bickering like this, you big galoot! :-)

Oh, and simply repeating someone's words as a retort is the antithesis of wit.
    And youlve called or implied I am a Palm fanboy a gazillion times. Are we little girls at a play tea party?

I came to this thread to DEFEND the iPhone and to PREEMPT petty bickering like this, you big galoot! :-)

Oh, and simply repeating someone's words as a retort is the antithesis of wit.
    Congratulations on your attempt. Not sure what you are looking for. Do you want a cookie?
    "galoot" - that's a funny word.
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lopezpm View Post
    Hey, look I'm doing something a Pre can't do. I'm browsing the web while on a call. Don't start these dumb threads.
    I can browse the web and talk on a Pre at the same time, and be connected to AIM......on wifi
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast