Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    Someone needs to show the guy in the cube next to me how that works. Every time he's on a call on his iPhone 3G and tries to open the Web (or otherwise access the Internet) he gets a message that the data connection isn't available while he's on a call. What's he doing wrong?
    He's probably on EDGE, and you can't do call/web at the same time on the 2G network.
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lopezpm View Post
    Hey, look I'm doing something a Pre can't do. I'm browsing the web while on a call. Don't start these dumb threads.
    Wow, where did you get the incorrect info that you can't be on the phone, and surf tje web simontaniously?????????
    Quote Originally Posted by beret9987 View Post
    He's probably on EDGE, and you can't do call/web at the same time on the 2G network.
    Ding ding! You win. He thanks you for teaching him something new.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by beret9987 View Post
    Or... you could switch to Sprint! I dropped ATT because I was paying through the nose just to have an Apple product essentially... That and dropping calls like no other...
    Then I can't use a pre-paid SIM whenever I need to. I'm not paying anyone's roaming charges. No CDMA for me.

I should mention that I have unlocked phones too.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by natrixgli View Post
    Ugh. Mods, can we please ban iPhone threads?! And while we're at it maybe break off some topical sub forums, and eliminate the barrage of stickies?

Or maybe create a subforum called "Pre compared to other phones" or something... This is ridiculous. This forum is becoming really hard to navigate due to many of the same posts over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, again.

</rant>
    The Mods may move this to "cross-platform". I don't know but often iPhone threads end up there.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by bignoze View Post
    I multi-tasked today......do that iphone. lol
    Ok, I am listening to my music while browsing the web.
    Quote Originally Posted by CDUBB007 View Post
    Wow, where did you get the incorrect info that you can't be on the phone, and surf tje web simontaniously?????????
    Are you serious?
    Maybe you should try it.
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    Ok, I am listening to my music while browsing the web.
    Are you on an iPhone, because if you get a call while surfing you can continue to surf the web.

These are silly threads, these are only for
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    I don't get what all the hype is about a replaceable battery. I have an iphone and for 30 bucks you can get a portable charger that will recharge the iphone twice. The portable charger is the same size as a battery and rather than opening the case you just slap it on the bottom of the phone. THat to me is actually more convenient than trying to pry the back off the pre.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    Thanks, I guess I can call you a Palm Pre worshipper. The ability to swap batteries should never ever be an excuse for terrible battery life. Lets face it, the Pre battery is awful.
    The other day I left it in my car. With Bluetooth on and think the locastion gps, I used up 20% of battery life in about 3 hours. The battery is the weak link. Maybe some software/firmware updates will help.

rob
    Quote Originally Posted by mdb4403 View Post
    I don't get what all the hype is about a replaceable battery. I have an iphone and for 30 bucks you can get a portable charger that will recharge the iphone twice.
    No but don't you see? You have to carry something extra with you on the off chance you might run out of power, but with a replaceable battery you ... umm ... err ... have to cerry something around with you because you will almost certainly need it sometime in a given day.
    The benefit to me of a replacable battery is if the old one dies and I still want to use the phone, I can simply buy a new one. Otherwise pay Apple $129(or something like that) for the iPhone's non-replacable battery. That's actually a rip-off.

Wow!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    Then I can't use a pre-paid SIM whenever I need to. I'm not paying anyone's roaming charges. No CDMA for me.

I should mention that I have unlocked phones too.
    Ahh unlocked phones. I still have my K850i for international use. Makes a great camera too! AT&T coverage is just horrible in my area, and I hate the price premium that was attached to the iPhone, which my corporate discount didn't cover for reasons unknown to me.
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    I can't imagine why anyone would sell a portable phone without a removable/replaceable battery. That would definately be a show stopper for me.
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    I just carry my charger with me!

But I will be getting another battery soon though.... my battery life is pretty good, but I don't want to risk it!
    Quote Originally Posted by dwhall View Post
    I can't imagine why anyone would sell a portable phone without a removable/replaceable battery.
    Well then, I guess imagining world peace is simply out of the question for you.

Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva
    Otherwise pay Apple $129(or something like that) for the iPhone's non-replacable battery. That's actually a rip-off.
    But have you actually heard of anyone needing to take advantage of Apple's battery replacement program yet (after two years)? I haven't yet so I was wondering.

Oh, and Apple's battery replacement program is $85 which is only slightly higher than a typical high-end phone replacement battery (well, except for not having your phone for 3 days maybe ). It's also supposedly more environmentally friendly than disposable batteries since most people don't properly dispose of their lithium-ion batteries.
    We'll see because the 2 yr. mark is coming for the old phone and 2 yrs. usually means a lot less battery life for rechargables. Although it would be nice if Apple had recycle program for the old phones since they want you to just buy a new one anyway. All those old phones sitting around clutters up the environment actually.

Quote Originally Posted by shadrap View Post
    Let's face it At&t is awful. At least when my battery is charged I can make a phone call. It is a phone after all.
    Possibly, but better than Sprint IMO
    I just downloaded a TV show and full Album while walking down the street while making a phone call. Can yours do that??

This is getting dumb. I'm sure we could all spend days talking about what one can do that the other can't, but it won't make either device any better.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast