Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I just put someone on speakerphone and looked up an address for them in GoogleMaps while stil on the phone with my iPhone. Threads like this serve no purpose.
    Quote Originally Posted by lopezpm View Post
    No you can't. I was using my iPhone.
    This thread sucks. It's just one of those threads that are made to start arguments.
    I'm a bit surprised about that one, actually.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    Does the browser have Flash video support like the Nokia N97? Plus 32GB of internal memory and micro SD slot?

J/K.
    Nope, not yet but when it does it will NOT be flash lite like the N97 and I know the pre does not have that lame 400mhz proc. like the N97....
    Quote Originally Posted by Reminiz View Post
    I can browse the web and talk on a Pre at the same time, and be connected to AIM......on wifi
    So the "no browse and talk" at the same time is a network limitation?
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Yes, you can still do it through wifi.
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    Congratulations on your attempt. Not sure what you are looking for. Do you want a cookie?
    I just don't get why so many people ask you to beat it from these forums. It's a mystery.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich Rasp View Post
    Nope, not yet but when it does it will NOT be flash lite like the N97 and I know the pre does not have that lame 400mhz proc. like the N97....
    The N97 has full Flash video support supposedly. I got to test one, but I didn't go online to see how true that is. I also didn't see the info about 400mhz processor, the phone seemed fast enough to me though.

Honestly at the full(as in non-upgrade price) price Apple wants for the 32GB 3GS, the Nokia N97 is a way better option. Also due to the fact that AT&T does not control and restrict it. It's unbranded and unlocked. Although I think it will have slower 3G speeds(3.6 not 7.2), AT&T and their dumb crap is pissing me off. They definitely are not in the same league with the other world GSM operators.

cool story
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    I just don't get why so many people ask you to beat it from these forums. It's a mystery.
    Your the thread killer, so you should know. I have no interest in continuing this with you, so I shall give you the last word.
    The N97 has full Flash video support supposedly. I got to test one, but I didn't go online to see how true that is. I also didn't see the info about 400mhz processor, the phone seemed fast enough to me though.

Honestly at the full(as in non-upgrade price) price Apple wants for the 32GB 3GS, the Nokia N97 is a way better option. Also due to the fact that AT&T does not control and restrict it. It's unbranded and unlocked. Although I think it will have slower 3G speeds(3.6 not 7.2), AT&T and their dumb crap is pissing me off. They definitely are not in the same league with the other world GSM operators.
    the problem is the N97 is a s60 device. No thanks. More features doesn't necessarily make a better phone. Just look at windows mobile.
    S60 is a true worldwide OS, it's just US people who refuse to adopt it for some reason that I never figured out. S60-5(the new one) isn't bad. And WM is still the most robust OS IMO. It may not be as "cool" but it gets stuff done when you need it done.

If it was not for the restricted 7.2 and the 400mhz proc. I would be getting the N97 for my at&t account. I was VERY disappointed about those 2 things.
    For me, it's either the N97 or wait for the jailbreakers to figure out how to jailbreak the new iPhone 3GS.

For me, it's either the N97 or wait for the jailbreakers to figure out how to jailbreak the new iPhone 3GS.
    Or... you could switch to Sprint! I dropped ATT because I was paying through the nose just to have an Apple product essentially... That and dropping calls like no other...
    Global Posts
    373 Global Posts
    I multi-tasked today......do that iphone. lol
  16.    #36  
    Some in the press have made a big issue of the Pre's battery life. This thread is a response to press reports which miss the obvious: Pre owners can change out batteries unlike Iphoners. That puts battery life discussions in a whole new perspective.

Comparisons to the Iphone are needed. There are people reading these forums who want feedback from Pre owners as they think about their smartphone decision.

I don't find much not to like about the Pre and find so many things to like, including the ability to change out batteries. People looking to find negatives about the Pre, however, will also find on this board plenty of criticisms of the Pre. That's the great thing about forums.
    The final version of the NEW 3.0 OS is already jailbroken... It will be ready on launch day for the 3gs.
    Ugh. Mods, can we please ban iPhone threads?! And while we're at it maybe break off some topical sub forums, and eliminate the barrage of stickies?

Or maybe create a subforum called "Pre compared to other phones" or something... This is ridiculous. This forum is becoming really hard to navigate due to many of the same posts over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, again.

</rant>
    Quote Originally Posted by bignoze View Post
    I multi-tasked today......do that iphone. lol
    Easy enough with Jailbreaking - and just like any other multi-tasking phone, battery life suffers as a result. It's great to have choices.
    Quote Originally Posted by lopezpm View Post
    Hey, look I'm doing something a Pre can't do. I'm browsing the web while on a call. Don't start these dumb threads.
    Someone needs to show the guy in the cube next to me how that works. Every time he's on a call on his iPhone 3G and tries to open the Web (or otherwise access the Internet) he gets a message that the data connection isn't available while he's on a call. What's he doing wrong?
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast