Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    The most obvious way is to

1. hit the red hang up button on the phone screen
    2. press the center button which turns the phone screen into a card which you can swipe up to end a call.

Are there any other ways to hang up? I was hoping that hitting the power button would do it but it doesn't. It would be nice to have a physical button to hit without having to slide out the keyboard or look at the screen to end a call.
    What I've noticed is that if you get a second call via call waiting, there is NO way to hang up on one call without hanging up on the other.

Furthermore, when the second caller hangs up, their caller ID name/number widget remains on screen.

Can't believe they let that one slip.

-n8
    Quote Originally Posted by natrixgli View Post
    What I've noticed is that if you get a second call via call waiting, there is NO way to hang up on one call without hanging up on the other.

Furthermore, when the second caller hangs up, their caller ID name/number widget remains on screen.

Can't believe they let that one slip.

-n8
    The not being able to hang up on one and not the other is a cdma limitation, It has been that way for every cdma phone from sprint I have had. The ID name/number thing is related I believe but not 100% sure.
    Global Posts
    258 Global Posts
    You can also end a phone call by throwing the phone app off the screen. Found that one out the hard way!
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Spazo View Post
    You can also end a phone call by throwing the phone app off the screen. Found that one out the hard way!
    That was already listed...it was my #2 way to hang up
    You missed the 3rd one.. Close the keyboard, that will power down the phone..
    Yeah, I got call waiting once and got myself into a big mess. What is the protocol there? Do you click the person you are talking to in order to put them on hold? Or are you supposed to click the person you want to switch to in order to make it happen?

I don't like reading manuals...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sprockethead View Post
    Yeah, I got call waiting once and got myself into a big mess. What is the protocol there? Do you click the person you are talking to in order to put them on hold? Or are you supposed to click the person you want to switch to in order to make it happen?

I don't like reading manuals...
    We don't like lazy people.. Might wanna try the manual route. That's why they killed a tree, so you can learn about your phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by NM08SRT8 View Post
    Doh!!

BTW, have you managed to get a pre yet?
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Hitting the power button during an incoming call ignores it if anyone needed to know
    We don't like lazy people.. Might wanna try the manual route. That's why they killed a tree, so you can learn about your phone.
    You are right, I will. Funny thing is I'm a tech writer. I guess I just can't stand to see manuals if I don't have to!
    Global Posts
    270 Global Posts
    Unfortunately, this does not work. It would be very nice, but if you have the keyboard open and close it while on an active call, your screen stays on the active call.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by cooneyca View Post

Unfortunately, this does not work. It would be very nice, but if you have the keyboard open and close it while on an active call, your screen stays on the active call.
    He was being sarcastic I believe....referring to the problem of the phone crashing, that some people have, upon opening or closing the keyboard .
    Quote Originally Posted by lopezpm View Post
    Doh!!

BTW, have you managed to get a pre yet?
    No, Still working with Sprint. Supposed to be getting a call back today. Cross your fingers for me please...

...You missed the joke I'm assuming?
    Global Posts
    270 Global Posts
    ...You missed the joke I'm assuming?
    Yep.. sure did. My phone has never crashed while closing the keyboard so don't know how I would read that as a joke.

It is actually a feature that should an option - Like closing a flip phone
    Quote Originally Posted by chezbi View Post
    Hitting the power button during an incoming call ignores it if anyone needed to know
    Wrong. Hitting it once silences the ringer. Hitting it twice ignores it.
    Yep.. sure did. My phone has never crashed while closing the keyboard so don't know how I would read that as a joke.

It is actually a feature that should an option - Like closing a flip phone
    As long as it is an option you can either enable or disable. I personally dont like talking on the phone with the keyboard open and if I happen to take a call while in the middle of typing something, I woudnt want to have to worry about the phone hanging up if I close the keyboard.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    With the slide closed, you can hit the power button to turn off the screen, allowing you to hold it any way you'd like. I use the OEM headset (great!-actually cancels background noise) and just put it in my pocket. When I'm done I just hit the button on the headset cord.
    Quote Originally Posted by paulg1981 View Post
    The not being able to hang up on one and not the other is a cdma limitation, It has been that way for every cdma phone from sprint I have had. The ID name/number thing is related I believe but not 100% sure.
    Ahh... I was always wondering about that. Why does CDMA have all these limitations?! I think thats the only thing I'm grumbling about at this point...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast