1.    #1  
    I played around with Flightview to track a flight a friend was on today, and I set Flightview to alert me of status changes. The program worked great and the one really neat feature of WebOS really shined, that was getting the notifications. I then figured I didn't want to run down the battery so I closed the program. Moments later, I got another notification (if I click on it it'll open the program) and yet another notification.

It looks like closing a program does not really close a program, they have the ability to still do stuff in the background. I wonder of Accuweather checks for weather alerts in the background causing battery drain, and I wonder if the Twitter apps were checking for updates in the background.

My question is are these notifications being pushed to the phone or are my programs fetching information? I do remember Palm discussing a push feature similar to what Apple is doing with their 3.0, has that been activated? I'm just wondering if some applications are draining my battery even after I close them out.
    Right now we have no way of knowing how these apps are updating?
    Are they push? Are they just polling?
    Are any of them keeping our phones up? Memory leaks?