1.    #1  
    Well, I thought I'd start a thread for all the folks that are probably going to get brand new Pre's (Probably not until at least Wednesday). I just want to get a survey of how well these Pres perform against the initial production/shipment handsets.

1. What's the production date of your handset?

2. How's the reception?

3. Does the handset get too hot or is it running hot just sitting idle?

4. Does the keyboard slider crash the phone when opening/closing?

5. Are you experiencing any discoloration or distortion on the screen?

6. Do you experience a lot of crashing/lockups/sluggishness or other reasons to restart the phone often?

Feel free to add questions that you'd like to know. I'm still on the fence about this phone and I'd like to see if Palm has addressed the glaring hardware defects from the first-run. To be fair, it's probably going to take them at least couple weeks to actually make changes in production, but I thought it couldn't hurt to ask and see if things are changing with later production models.
    I doubt they would have fixed them this fast. Hell, results are just rolling in, and this isn't something that you can't just snap your fingers to fix.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by NM08SRT8 View Post
    I doubt they would have fixed them this fast. Hell, results are just rolling in, and this isn't something that you can't just snap your fingers to fix.
    Well you never know with these things... the first shipments could have been rushed through the assembly line to meet the launch date. Don't you think it's a little bit ridiculous that folks are having to wait almost a week after launch date just to maybe get called from a waitlist? Something fishy is going on at their manufacturing plant. I just don't know if the manufacturer was truly ready to produce final products.

Like everyone has been saying, sure, an OS 1 will have problems... OS 1, not hardware. All this stuff people are complaining about should have been fixed prior to a OS 1 release. Screen discolorations? Having to jam paper in between the battery and cover to keep it from reseting your device? Come on now.... They knew about this stuff prior to shipment and launched anyway.