Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    So I added a birthday of today (yesterday) to test the birthday addition to contacts. Really dissapointed that it doesn't pop up with a reminder or anything.
    Can anyone else confirm this?

Also I tried to add a gif image to the messages folder and wallpaper via USB. Pretty dissapointing I can view animated pictures.
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    Bump.

Sorry I just want to see if anyone else experienced this.
    I don't have the Pre yet but I could have sworn that I remembered hearing that the birthday function will not auto set up reminders in the calendar. I think what I heard is that you have to go in and manually create the reminders. Maybe another who is well versed in the language of WebOS can chime in.
    1. Make a Birthday Appointment in Google Calendar (all day event, yearly repeating, free time)
    2. Set the sms event reminder to your liking. - Based on your reminder setting, you will get a text message reminding you of that persons birthday. I have mine set to remind the day before.
    3. Option - You can make an separate calendar just for birthdays.
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kilofoxtrot View Post
    1. Make a Birthday Appointment in Google Calendar (all day event, yearly repeating, free time)
    2. Set the sms event reminder to your liking. - Based on your reminder setting, you will get a text message reminding you of that persons birthday. I have mine set to remind the day before.
    3. Option - You can make an separate calendar just for birthdays.
    Yea Ill just likely enter it into the Pre's calender. The birthday in contacts is nice, too bad it lacks a reminder.