Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    anyway to listen to online radio on the pre?
    Global Posts
    519 Global Posts
    There aren't any applications for that yet. I'm waiting for AOL Radio or something similar so I can listen to local radio stations in other states.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tikerz View Post
    There aren't any applications for that yet. I'm waiting for AOL Radio or something similar so I can listen to local radio stations in other states.
    thnx
    Pandora
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by curiousobserver View Post
    Pandora
    where can i enter a url for my favorite station?
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    I am having major reception problems that come and go, but I was just able to stream the Kidd Chris show (its playing live right now) at The KiddChris Show - A Cool Dude

There are a bunch of links to be able to "listen", and ironically, the only one that worked was the itunes link. Perfect stream, no interruptions.

Is this the kind of radio stream you were asking about?
    I hope iheartradio creates a Pre version this would be great.
    Kinoma via "Classic," yes?
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    After reading through some other threads on this forum, I've found that classic.shoutcast.com has a bunch of streams that work fine on the Pre. Also, if you want to enter a url for a specific online radio station, try out Orb. You should be able to enter the station url in your "internet radio" list and stream it to your Pre (the Pre needs to be set on 3gp - AAC for its audio settings when you log into orb from the mycast.orb.com url on the Pre). Orb needs to be installed on a home PC as well in order for this to work.

Only issue I've had with Orb is that the stream won't play in the background, so if you switch to a different card, the audio stops. Shoutcast works fine in the background though.
    I tried radioio.com/io2go in streaming MP3 mode. For some reason only about 30 seconds streams and it quits. Worked fine with PalmOS in both WMV/MP3 modes.

Orb works great. I could only get it to work with the server under WinXP. Wouldn't work under Vista SP2 for mobile devices, just other computer clients.
    Sprint Pre, Mugen 2800mah battery
    Global Posts
    154 Global Posts
    This is my only complaint currently about the Pre. I used Kinoma to listen to a couple of radio stations in London on my old Treo 650 without incident. When I try to listen from the web-site on my Pre, one site says that I need to install RealPlayer and the other says it can't determine what type of computer I have. Kinoma does not work for me using Classic Apps.
    I listened to somafm the other day.
    I like to listen to talk/news radio, but the pandora app doesn't have any of the talk/news radio...only music. We need a talk/news capable streaming radio application ASAP.
    no the Pre browser can't stream WMA format LIVE radio let alone play it in the background!

http://www.bloomberg.com/streams/audio/radio_live.asx

even my Centro's Blazer can stream this!
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    My first pre had like 3 dead pixels so I traded it in... but I was able to stream both AAC plus and MP3 from Digitally Imported - Addictive Electronic Music

Now I have a new one... and it loads up the stream app within the web broswer but always ends up with an error before it managed to stream the file... wtf is up.
    Quote Originally Posted by methos123 View Post
    I like to listen to talk/news radio, but the pandora app doesn't have any of the talk/news radio...only music. We need a talk/news capable streaming radio application ASAP.
    Or find the stream of the station you want and browse to the page. I listen to the local NPR talk all the time on my phones since they just stream mp3. No weird formats or flash/java players.
    rmp459, does your new pre have OS 1.02?

If not you can use the update utility on the setting page.

That may help.
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hchavarria View Post
    I hope iheartradio creates a Pre version this would be great.
    Hopefully anyone who has a wish for a particular Pre application is also letting the company (iheartradio, etc) itself know that in fact there is demand for the application.
    "You can't change people, only your reaction to them"
    This is a problem for listening to satellite radio as well. I listen to XM via mobile.musicdock.com or xstreamxm.com but owners report those sites do not work in the pre. It seems that much of this would be solved by giving the webos media player the same format compatibility that Palm OS has--the ability to play .wma files. I stream sat radio on my commute, so with no solution I'll have to hold off on the pre.
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    i just went to woxy.com to try this (about the only streaming radio i use) and had no problems at all. clicked link, opened in the web browser and works flawlessly.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast