Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Global Posts
    134 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by northward View Post
    Your encouragement prompted me to go much further, so thank you! The list is now up to 75 stations that work on the Pre in 18 genres listed on Pre-friendly pages, and it now has its own domain: MyPreRadio.com.

MyPreRadio.com - Streaming Online Radio Stations for Palm Pre

I've still got to tackle international stations, and I welcome any additions or suggestions.
    Gdradio.net for deadheads and 89 radioactive from wellington new zealand, Www.Radioactive.co.nz, both work flawlessly
    Quote Originally Posted by jewel View Post
    Anybody here knows audio streams for Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, and Mark Levin?
    KSYL in Louisiana streams in an MP3 format. I used to listen to Rush there all the time via Pocket-tunes.
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    It seems that the Pre will not play .m3u file streams but will play .pls file streams. Any work around for this? I wanna listen to pulsradio.com but it always gives me an error.
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    i got it. I just saved the m3u file to my computer, opened it in a text editor, got the stream link, and then manually made a PLS file since that seems to be what the Pre supports. I then uploaded the PLS file to my webserver and voila!

Here is the format for the PLS file. You can just substitute your favorite stream address. Hopefully there will be a way to do this without a webserver in the future for those that do not have one. Now time to do the media player bookmarks hack so i dont have to keep typing the address in!

[playlist]
    NumberOfEntries=1
    File1=http://stream.pulsradio.com:5000/

save as xxxxx.pls
    Quote Originally Posted by jewel View Post
    Would you happen to know a live stream of Mark Levin that works on the Pre?
    Just found it last night!!! WBOB streams the first two hours. Northward just added it last night after I told him about it. It is now on MYPRERADIO.
    some of my favorite stations link with .m3u so i am going to host them on my website after converting them to .pls links.

Does anyone have any .m3u's that you would like to have converted and hosted on my site?

The only two i have in mind for my own self are etn.fm and ah.fm
    Has anyone figured out a way to stream one of the "30-seconds-or-less" mp3 streams? I've tried adding the stream's url to a .m3u, a .pls, adding/removing the .mp3 extension, and none of it seems to work. Specifically, the one that I'd like is:

http://icecast1.fiberpipe.net:10000 (optionally add 'ktik' or 'ktik.mp3' at the end)

TIA for any help!
    "If you think a weakness can be turned into a strength, I hate to tell you this, but that's another weakness." - Jack Handey
    skyfm dot com
    Global Posts
    159 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by samid View Post
    i got it. I just saved the m3u file to my computer, opened it in a text editor, got the stream link, and then manually made a PLS file since that seems to be what the Pre supports. I then uploaded the PLS file to my webserver and voila!

Here is the format for the PLS file. You can just substitute your favorite stream address. Hopefully there will be a way to do this without a webserver in the future for those that do not have one. Now time to do the media player bookmarks hack so i dont have to keep typing the address in!

[playlist]
    NumberOfEntries=1
    File1=http://stream.pulsradio.com:5000/

save as xxxxx.pls
    Does the .pls file have to be on a webpage or can you just enter the address?
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234