Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RICHINMJ View Post
    I still have a Treo. Don't freak out too much. I am now having trouble with music dock. Can play most music stations but its giving me log in errors for the Virus. Anyone else notice this?
    I haven't been able to log into 202 from anything other than the xmro player all weekend (musicdock, orb, nothing). I can get other xm channels though. odd. not something I feel I can complain about to xm since they don't support any alternative streaming methods.
    Quote Originally Posted by jewel View Post
    Anybody here knows audio streams for Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, and Mark Levin?

Rush Streams only in WMA and Real formats, so the Pre can't handle them (Although possibly using the classic app with the classic media player, although that seems hit-or-miss.)

Not sure about Hannity and Levin. Don't they stream from FOX News Radio (dot) com? If so, that's out too, as foxnewsradio streams WMA using an embedded Windows Media app.

Hopefully Palm will update the Pre with WMA and Real capabilities soon, although it can't hurt to drop them a line at the suggestion box. of course, because of the stupid 10 post rule I can't give you the link. Just go to the Palm website and then to the Palm Blog. The current post as a link to the suggestion box.
    I have managed to listen to WDET the local NPR station here in Detroit. All others I have tried play a 30 second clip and stop, do not work at all or tell me to download things such as Adobe Flashplayer I think. Shoutcast, which I used to use on the Treos does not work either. I am very discouraged by the inablility to listen to radio. I do not know why certain functionality is missing in the latest Palm.
    I wish they would release an app for the pre that lets you listen to sirius/xm radio.

I have an xm radio subsription but so far it seems that the only app they have is only available for the iphone!!!

get with the program xm/sirius/palm!!!!

PLEASE!@
    I've had the 30-second or 15-second issue with many MP3 streams. One that I did get to work for all-the-time news is WTOP out of Washington:

http://sc1.liquidviewer.com:9062/listen.pls

I did get all of the CBS Radio streamtheworld stations to play by using TCPMP in Classic, but it wasn't worth it to me to shell out $30 for Classic just because I'm too impatient to await a media player for WebOS. FWIW, Core Codec, the folks who released TCPMP, indicate that they'll be looking into a Core Media Player for WebOS:

Will CorePlayer support the Palm Pre OS?

Their player for PalmOS was able to play WMP streams.
    Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Epic 4G -> TouchPad
    In the Sprint TV there is a local radio section that streams... I live in Indy and they stream only 2 stations, but it's the 2 I listen to
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishounen View Post
    Rush Streams only in WMA and Real formats, so the Pre can't handle them (Although possibly using the classic app with the classic media player, although that seems hit-or-miss.)

Not sure about Hannity and Levin. Don't they stream from FOX News Radio (dot) com? If so, that's out too, as foxnewsradio streams WMA using an embedded Windows Media app.

Hopefully Palm will update the Pre with WMA and Real capabilities soon, although it can't hurt to drop them a line at the suggestion box. of course, because of the stupid 10 post rule I can't give you the link. Just go to the Palm website and then to the Palm Blog. The current post as a link to the suggestion box.
    Thanks buddy.
    Quote Originally Posted by fourply View Post
    i just went to woxy.com to try this (about the only streaming radio i use) and had no problems at all. clicked link, opened in the web browser and works flawlessly.
    Started listening to it tonight -- seems like a great station. Thanks for the tip!

Actually, I spent much of the evening playing with various news and alternative stations and seeing which ones worked and which ones only gave the 15-second tease. More for myself than anything else I created myself a webpage formatted for decent display on the Pre with links to the streams of those that worked. Anyone who wants access to it is free to do so:

Radio Stations for Palm Pre

I stuck to real terrestrial radio stations and not Net-only ones, and weeded out the low-bitrate ones and the zillion repetitive NPR stations. And notice that the icon at the top of the page -- taken from a screenshot of Pre's music player -- makes an excellent launcher icon when sized properly!

Feel free to PM me with any decent additions.
    Does anyone here use subsonic or jinzora with their pre? I noticed the pre doesn't play subsonic streams correctly. I'd love to get that working since subsonic is a great way to stream your music collection anywhere.
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    Thanks buddy.
    Looks like there is a solution -
    Northward in this link - http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...09#post1703709 (post #49) has created a page that you can bookmark. - Radio Stations for Palm Pre

On the page is a link to a radio station in Alexandria LA - KSYL - AM.

Here is a link to KSYL's program schedule - KSYL-AM

LA is CDT time zone (GMT -5 daylight sav time)

The 1st time I tried the link it went to the media player and seemed just stuck - no spinning center circle or anything. I pwr down and them cleared cookies, history, cache and it works great. I since have tried it several times, each sucessfully!! Thanks Northward
    A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man, which debt he proposes to pay off with your money
    Quote Originally Posted by jbcross View Post
    The 1st time I tried the link it went to the media player and seemed just stuck - no spinning center circle or anything. I pwr down and them cleared cookies, history, cache and it works great. I since have tried it several times, each sucessfully!!
    As I was testing last night that would happen occasionally to various stations. No need to clear the browser or power down, though...if it happens simply close the media player (I had each link open in a new card, so the radio list is still displayed on an inactive card) and click the link again. It never happened to me twice in a row.
    Anybody here knows audio streams for Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, and Mark Levin?

for Mark Levin go to marklevinshow.com and it has the last 2 months of streaming shows. Works like a dream. I can get 2 2 hour shows on a full charge.
    Last edited by methos123; 06/23/2009 at 09:45 AM.
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    Post #51 will set you on the right path thanks to northward's efforts
    A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man, which debt he proposes to pay off with your money
  14. tuz
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    Wow that link is great! However, my favorite station WNYC (ny public radio) isn't on the list, surely because it has the problem mentioned: I get 30 secs and then stop. I had guessed that had to do with the underwriting statement at the start but that's only 20 secs or so. Any solutions yet?
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by methos123 View Post

for Mark Levin go to marklevinshow.com and it has the last 2 months of streaming shows. Works like a dream. I can get 2 2 hour shows on a full charge.
    Would you happen to know a live stream of Mark Levin that works on the Pre?
    Would you happen to know a live stream of Mark Levin that works on the Pre?
    I'm sorry I do not. I listen to the shows from the website at work. It's great! no lag or anything, but no live stream that I know of...sorry.
    OK, I've decided to do this right. I've added descriptions and links to program schedules, playlists, etc. for each station. As I find time I'll add other formats and links to syndicated radio talk shows over the next few days. Again, feel free to PM me your suggestions for streams that work more than 15-30 seconds (and I'm still limiting this to terrestrial programming). I'll probably eventually move this to a friendlier URL as well.

(And if anyone can lend me a hand with proper formatting for an anchor on a page under XHTML 1.0 Strict to properly move within sections of the page on the Pre's browser, feel free to PM me as well. I haven't hand-coded a web page in years and the old <a name="stuff"> format isn't working. Thanks!)

tuz: Yup, WNYC only gave me a short clip last night.
    can someone fiqure out how to stream WFAN from ny tried the streamcenter with no luck

Fred
    Fkpalm: Playing non-MP3 streams, M3U playlists, or solving the 15-30 second clip issue with most PLS playlists will require either a firmware upgrade or another player app.
    Your encouragement prompted me to go much further, so thank you! The list is now up to 75 stations that work on the Pre in 18 genres listed on Pre-friendly pages, and it now has its own domain: MyPreRadio.com.

MyPreRadio.com - Streaming Online Radio Stations for Palm Pre

I've still got to tackle international stations, and I welcome any additions or suggestions.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast