Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    "Never regret yesterday. Life is in you today, and you make your tomorrow." óL. Ron Hubbard
    I can stream MP3 stations, but like others, the stream gets interrupted about 30 seconds into the music. I think it's a bug.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    I am streaming from jewish broadcast.com and its working fine. I update to 1.02
    Quote Originally Posted by neodorian View Post
    Or find the stream of the station you want and browse to the page. I listen to the local NPR talk all the time on my phones since they just stream mp3. No weird formats or flash/java players.
    I was looking for NPR also, but the local NPR station apparently uses m3u files and it won't play on the Pre.
    From this page:
    http://www.kqed.org/radio/listen/playlist.jsp?f=m3u

I get:
    There was an error playing the file.

Maybe I'll see if there's another local station that works.
    -Sean
    Developer must watch videos by Douglas Crockford of Yahoo:
    The JavaScript Programming Language part 1/4
    Theory of the DOM 1/3
    Advanced JavaScript 1/3
    Guys - No shoutcast client needed

I run an online radio station at JOHNfm.com - whether you like the music or not, that's another story (70s, 80s, 90s - much like bigtrax/classic rewind on xm).

I first tried just clicking on the streaming link in full view - and it worked... so, because I love you guys - I give you a PRE exclusive page. Makes it easy to get the stream going.

Simply type in johnfm.com/pre in your browser and hit the CD icon!

Enjoy

PS. Just tried it on my wifes ipod touch with wifi on in her web browser. Sorry, no dice! It didn't know what to do with a streaming file. Another reason the Pre rocks over the iPhone. Been listening to my station for 30 mins now - no buffer on EVDO.
    Last edited by levelbest; 06/10/2009 at 06:39 PM.
    Sirius XM released an iPhone app and basically put the 3rd party apps for it out of business. Apple played hard ball and denied the other applications from using the iPhone store. What BS!

Anyway, I would guess that Apple has wording in its agreement with SiriusXM for exclusivity or something like that to keep it all their own for a determined time period.

If you go on that theory and the fact that the Pre won't play Windows Media (which Sirius XM seems to be based on, at least for WinMo apps), then I doubt you will see it anytime soon for the Pre unless somebody writes it from the ground up.
    BTW, just confirming what others have theorized - we run a standard MP3 stream at 64kbps / 22.1khz stereo thru a standard shoutcast server. The PLS file triggers the Pre's audio player just fine - thank you
    John Y - Aka Levelbest

Check out JOHNfm streaming on your Pre @ http://johnfm.com/pre
    Levelbest's Pre Wallpapers
    One of my favorite internet streams works just fine. Just select the winamp link (far left, orange lightening bolt)...listening to it now on my Pre...

Limbik Frequencies

I'm certain there will be internet radio apps very soon. I miss I heart Radio for BB and Slacker...
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Has anyone gotten it to display the titles of the songs currently playing. It just displays the web address of the stream for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by krische View Post
    Has anyone gotten it to display the titles of the songs currently playing. It just displays the web address of the stream for me.
    Nope, but with our site, you can just hit the homepage at johnfm.com and it shows the last 3 and currently playing. That would be ideal. I have to look at my streaming settings to see if I can send that data thru the stream.
    John Y - Aka Levelbest

Ok, just tested - tried turning on data in the stream two different way - it didn't do a thing after restarting the stream.

So, it doesn't seem to support it - like a player such as winamp would.
    John Y - Aka Levelbest

Quote Originally Posted by ImmaSlave4U View Post

Yes iut works and does not stop after 30 secs. m3u files seem to be the key.
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    I listen to thestreamcenter.com which gets every radio station in america and canada. It used to work on my centro with ptunes but does not work on the pre. It plays for 30 seconds and then goes dead. I hope palm releases an update or a program that will play streaming radio. A phone this sophisticated should be able to do things phones did years ago...
    Quote Originally Posted by xvipx View Post
    I listen to thestreamcenter.com which gets every radio station in america and canada. It used to work on my centro with ptunes but does not work on the pre. It plays for 30 seconds and then goes dead. I hope palm releases an update or a program that will play streaming radio. A phone this sophisticated should be able to do things phones did years ago...
    I use the site too (thestreamcenter.com/pda/), worked great on my centro too, but seems to have the same '30 second' issue...this site seems to be pretty awesome for me and others...if it works on the pre...........the fix is soon to come, hopefully soon
    how abt local fm channels?
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    Anybody here knows audio streams for Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, and Mark Levin?
    Quote Originally Posted by roon08 View Post
    how abt local fm channels?
    Yup, Mobile Stream Center has them, but most have jumped over to WMA from MP3. the MP3 ones are the ones that would work on the Pre IF they can figure out why the pls files come down and then the stream stops after about 30 seconds on a Pre.
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    The streaming capability of this phone is amaaaazing. Rock solid with NO dropouts. I've gone through known problem areas where my laptop is connected to my Sprint mobile broadband card and streaming via Winamp and I ALWAYS have dropouts/drop-backs to 1x and this phone keeps chugging along with nary a hiccup.
    Quote Originally Posted by levelbest View Post
    BTW, just confirming what others have theorized - we run a standard MP3 stream at 64kbps / 22.1khz stereo thru a standard shoutcast server. The PLS file triggers the Pre's audio player just fine - thank you
    i can verify this too. The guy next to me did it on launch day in the store. He streamed right off his home network. Great idea because then who cares if it's got 32 Gigs in an iphone or 8 gigs on a pre. Especially since i've got 150 gigs waiting to be streamed at home.
    I still have a Treo. Don't freak out too much. I am now having trouble with music dock. Can play most music stations but its giving me log in errors for the Virus. Anyone else notice this?
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast