1.    #1  
    I have 2h30m podcasts, which are resetting to 0h00m. Not good, right?

However, I'm not sure what triggers this. Closing the app? Syncing with iTunes?

Every file should keep its track position unless I change it manually on the device, unless I change it in iTunes, when it should inherit that new track position on sync.
    Closing the app probably does this. It only remembers the position if you keep it open. The whole syncing track position with iTunes is wishful thinking too. Does the iPod even do this?
    Yes, the ipod and itunes keep the track position of podcasts. So when you sync back to your computer it updates it and you can listen where you left off.

The pre does not yet save position of podcasts, they are played like any other music track. So add that to the feature request list.
    Quote Originally Posted by joshewah View Post
    Yes, the ipod and itunes keep the track position of podcasts. So when you sync back to your computer it updates it and you can listen where you left off.

The pre does not yet save position of podcasts, they are played like any other music track. So add that to the feature request list.

Ah, okay, I don't really use podcasts so I wasn't aware of that feature.
  5.    #5  
    Interesting, closing the app IS the cause. I know this isn't a huge deal to fix, so here's hoping it's on an engineer's checklist.

I appreciate the input!
    Quote Originally Posted by Baryn View Post
    Interesting, closing the app IS the cause. I know this isn't a huge deal to fix, so here's hoping it's on an engineer's checklist.
    I'd bet in the near future someone will develop a podcast specific media player that has better functionality for them. I'm still not quite sure why you don't just leave it open if you intend on going back to it though.
  7.    #7  
    It turns out that leaving a track for any other track for any reason will drop the position. That includes

A) Going to another audio/video track,
    B) Closing the Program, and
    C) Performing a Media Sync.

Which sucks a lot, and I'm riding it out until an update comes along...