1.    #1  
    I posted this in the bug thread, but wanted to see if anyone else was experiencing this issue:

There is something definitely wrong with the implementation of the earphones button function when listening to music. Unless this is just an issue with my phone, this makes listening to music next to impossible on the phone unless you are the type to never change tracks, pause, and re-play, all with the phone in your pocket.

Here is the issue:

I walk to work during my commute and listen to the music on my Pre (with it in my pants pocket) as I would with an iphone. I skip a few tracks with no problem, but then notice that tracks are skipping by themselves. I take my phone out and see that the screen is on and it has opened up multiple applications and jumping tracks randomly.

I thought it was just b/c I forgot to turn my screen off so I turn off screen and put it back in my pocket, a little while later, same problem. It seems the earphones button to skip tracks sometimes turns on the Pre screen, which it should not be doing. Also skipping tracks sometimes works, sometimes doesnt.

If I pausing music (with the microphone button) for more than 5-10 secs, I can not get my Pre to resume playback by pushing the button again. The only way I can do this is by turning on the screen and then the button magically works again.

At random points, the button will just stop working altogether unless I turn the Pre back on.

This has been a completely frustrating experience when listening to music. The iphone performed these functions without issue. Palm needs to address this if it wishes to tout the Pre as a music player replacement as well.
    Global Posts
    733 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tliu79 View Post
    I posted this in the bug thread, but wanted to see if anyone else was experiencing this issue:

There is something definitely wrong with the implementation of the earphones button function when listening to music. Unless this is just an issue with my phone, this makes listening to music next to impossible on the phone unless you are the type to never change tracks, pause, and re-play, all with the phone in your pocket.

Here is the issue:

I walk to work during my commute and listen to the music on my Pre (with it in my pants pocket) as I would with an iphone. I skip a few tracks with no problem, but then notice that tracks are skipping by themselves. I take my phone out and see that the screen is on and it has opened up multiple applications and jumping tracks randomly.

I thought it was just b/c I forgot to turn my screen off so I turn off screen and put it back in my pocket, a little while later, same problem. It seems the earphones button to skip tracks sometimes turns on the Pre screen, which it should not be doing. Also skipping tracks sometimes works, sometimes doesnt.

If I pausing music (with the microphone button) for more than 5-10 secs, I can not get my Pre to resume playback by pushing the button again. The only way I can do this is by turning on the screen and then the button magically works again.

At random points, the button will just stop working altogether unless I turn the Pre back on.

This has been a completely frustrating experience when listening to music. The iphone performed these functions without issue. Palm needs to address this if it wishes to tout the Pre as a music player replacement as well.
    I was able to resume play after 10 seconds with my pre.You have to double tap the button on the headset
  3.    #3  
    Thanks. I did figure that out. However, even the double tap stops working sometimes and the only way I can get it to play is to turn on screen and do it manually. The screen turning on is also an issue.

I have been paranoid checking my phone every time i tap the button to make sure I don't accidentally call/email/delete something on my phone.
  4.    #4  
    Sorry about the bump, but a friend of mine also bought the Pre and has the same issue when skipping tracks so I know there must be others with this issue.

The phone seems to freeze after multiple skipping of tracks, making it unresponsive when you press the button on the earphones. Only way to get it to work again is to do it manually.

Anyone?