Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    I've not been in on latest battery trends. My old phones it was better to let the battery run all the way out then recharge it. Are the Pre batterys the same tech?

Would it be bad to have a touchstone at my bedside, pc desk, and at work and just always have it on there when I'm at those locations?

Thanks for any info!
    Keeping the battery topped off is not a bad thing, I would be more concerned about the screen being on all the time while on the TouchStone, with the clock and the unlock icon always in the same position.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    As you said, that discharge/charge cycle is old tech, and recent batteries haven't been this way for some time. Our Pres are cutting-edge, my friend.

According to Sprint reps I questioned, it's OK to let your Pre charge, but don't leave it charging at 100% for more than 5 hours. Continuing to do this will degrade your battery over time.

Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    Keeping the battery topped off is not a bad thing, I would be more concerned about the screen being on all the time while on the TouchStone, with the clock and the unlock icon always in the same position.
    You're confusing LCD screens for Plasma televisions (which, even then, by-and-large, do not suffer from burn-in anymore).
    The only issue from having the screen on all the time could be backlight issues, but with how low it drops the backlight, I don't think it's an issue.

Now make that clock display right in landscape, Palm.
    I wouldnt worry too much, lcd's dont suffer burn-in and I dont see the lcd burning out at least in the next 3 years.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Excellent, thanks all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baryn View Post
    As you said, that discharge/charge cycle is old tech, and recent batteries haven't been this way for some time. Our Pres are cutting-edge, my friend.

According to Sprint reps I questioned, it's OK to let your Pre charge, but don't leave it charging at 100% for more than 5 hours. Continuing to do this will degrade your battery over time.
    You're confusing LCD screens for Plasma televisions (which, even then, by-and-large, do not suffer from burn-in anymore).
    That worries me as I charge mine when I sleep (8 hours or so). I wonder how many of those hours it is at 100%
    Quote Originally Posted by pavvento View Post
    That worries me as I charge mine when I sleep (8 hours or so). I wonder how many of those hours it is at 100%
    Dont worry about it, Sprint reps like to talk out their collective rear's.
    It's not plasma.. it won't burn in. Even newer plasma's don't burn in anymore. this was an issue with the first few years of them being out.

Phones have never had this problem
    ALL screens burn in, from CRT to projection to Plasma to LCDs. LCD's are really low risk though as are plasma now and CRT's rarely ever burn in, so like they said don't worry about burn in on a phone. Just wanted to clear up that misinformation. =P
    Is there a way to keep it on the Touchstone without it charging?
    Quote Originally Posted by Renderhaus View Post
    Only way I could see to do that would be to remove the plug from the touchstone...
    Quote Originally Posted by Renderhaus View Post
    Making it into a little altar?