Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Alright. I have a suggestion for the Pre. Let me know how you think this would work.

So you have the regular app bar at the bottom of the screen.

Now. As for the Wave bar. What if you could customize the wave bar with different apps then the home screen bar? Even removing the launcher button. This will allow you to put all your 3rd party apps on the wave bar so you can get into them even quicker then having to open the launcher.

Let me know what you guys think about this.
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    I completely agree. So much so that I assumed you COULD do that the whole time and feverishly looked for the menu item to would enable me to, only to finally realize that we couldn't customize it.
    The "wave bar" and the quick launcher are the same thing -- at least that's the look and feel that palm is going for. when you are in an app, the way to get to the quick launcher is to slowly stroke up (bring up the wave).
  4.    #4  
    Ron-

I know what the wave bar is. I posted a pic of the Home screen bar. My argument is that you should be able to have the Home screen bar be independent in choosing the apps from the wave bar. 2 bars with 2 different sets of apps.
    Brilliant idea. It makes so much sense it hurts my head. How could they NOT have thought of that? You really dont need the wave and the quick launcher to be the same because no matter where you are you just are one swipe away from the quick launcher, which makes the wave sort of pointless. If it was different, though, you would use it ALL the time, basically giving you TWO quick launchers without giving up screen real estate.

All of a sudden you created my number 1 must have.

post this on the palm forum! great call!
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    Makes total sense and would be very handy. Great post!
  7.    #7  
    I posted this on the Palm.com forums. So hopefully it will get put into a future OTA update.

Palm: Make the Wave Bar Customizable! - webOS Software - Palm Support Forums
  8.    #8  
    Grant- Thanks for the post to bump the thread on the palm forums.
    for me, i'd just like the ability to take the phone app and launcher button off the darn thing.

i so rarely dial actual numbers on my cell phone that the phone app is useless when you have contacts and universal search to place your calls, and the launcher has a friggin' dedicated gesture. who needs a virtual button?

at least give us the option to remove them
    Quote Originally Posted by jonwebah View Post
    for me, i'd just like the ability to take the phone app and launcher button off the darn thing.

i so rarely dial actual numbers on my cell phone that the phone app is useless when you have contacts and universal search to place your calls, and the launcher has a friggin' dedicated gesture. who needs a virtual button?

at least give us the option to remove them
    You can take the phone app off...i did.

I completely agree about the launcher app. totally unnecessary with the gestures. Besides...if someone wants it, they can leave it there!
  11.    #11  
    Yea i took the phone app off also. The launcher button is also pointless. I still believe 2 separate bars would be perfect also. I want to be able to put Web, Calendar, Contacts, Messaging, Pandora on the Home screen bar, then on the Wave id like to put Accuweather, Where, Tweed, Youtube, and App Catalog. There should be this customization with many other things in the webos as well. I guess time will tell if these features get implemented.
    Global Posts
    210 Global Posts
    I believe the 2 are the same so that you can bring up one of your core apps via the wave while you are working in an application....at least thats why I believe why they did it that way. If you make it completely different than the regular launcher, you won't have access to those core apps that are on the launcher.
    I find this to be a little too confusing. I'm kinda fine with how it is right now.
  14. dpc
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    I'm all for a customizable wave bar too.
    Global Posts
    747 Global Posts
    I wouldnt mind something like object doc where you can add in more icons but they get a bit smaller in order to fit-maybe max is like 8 icons or so keeping everything selectable.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    How do you get to the launcher without the wave bar shortcut?
    Am I missing something?
    Quote Originally Posted by xGORDOx View Post
    Am I missing something?
    Swipe up on the screen at any point in time. wham, there you are.

I have never used the wave launcher, because it's worthless. I also never use the center button. I'd rather have that be the back gesture, to be honest.
    Quote Originally Posted by xGORDOx View Post
    Am I missing something?
    Swipe up twice.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Doesn't that only work in card view though?
    If the quicklaunch was removed, how would you get it to work when not in card view.
    flip up... card view... the 'launcher' (quick launcher,) is already right there. Why would you really want to have a duplicate launcher bar?

getting to card-view is not exactly difficult. extremely quick.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast