Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I like that idea...

Here's another idea... What about making the regular launcher bar "scrollable"?
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    I guess I'm thick.

If you turn your phone on and you want to get to an app that exists in the launcher and you have theoretically removed the quick launch, how would you access the launcher?

I have no cards open, just on my home screen, how would I access the launcher?

I have used the "up" swipe to access the launcher when I have apps open, in order to open a new one, but if you have no apps running, the "up" swipe doesn't do anything except launch the app thats in the middle of the wave by accident.

Am I missing an advanced gesture or something? I tried the "swipe up twice" that was mentioned but it didn't do anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by xGORDOx View Post
    I guess I'm thick.

If you turn your phone on and you want to get to an app that exists in the launcher and you have theoretically removed the quick launch, how would you access the launcher?

I have no cards open, just on my home screen, how would I access the launcher?

I have used the "up" swipe to access the launcher when I have apps open, in order to open a new one, but if you have no apps running, the "up" swipe doesn't do anything except launch the app thats in the middle of the wave by accident.

Am I missing an advanced gesture or something? I tried the "swipe up twice" that was mentioned but it didn't do anything.
    You are confusing two separate gestures here.

1) swipe up--and hold
    This opens up the quick-wave menu--no matter where you are.

2) swipe up and quickly let go, as if you are flicking the screen away, like a card
    This takes you to card view, or if you are already in card view, this brings up the main launcher.

I never use the center button, or the launcher button on the quick-launch. Seems redundant. I would like the option to re-assign/customize these features.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Ahhh, ok.
    I actually have started to start all my gestures with my finger on the "center" button/nub thing. It has made the gesturing easier.
    How come this hasn't been done yet? Can Dieter or one of the big guys post this on the home page? It seems like such a logical thing to do and I can't believe Palm didn't do this from the beginning.
    DAK
    Doug Kaplan
    Almost a year later and are there any available patches that you can change out your apps on the wave bar vs. the shortcut apps on the mail screen?
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    Its confirmed that the wave bar will activate the on screen keyboard in webos 2.xxx
    Meaning maybe they are getting rid of the wave?
    Quote Originally Posted by rexalbel View Post
    Meaning maybe they are getting rid of the wave?
    Yea, no more wave bar...

Sent from my HTC HD2 using Tapatalk
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    Quote Originally Posted by migs View Post
    Its confirmed that the wave bar will activate the on screen keyboard in webos 2.xxx
    Only when the virtual keyboard is enabled. Which it doesnt come enabled by default. It was just enabled by developers who found the code and changed it. The wave launcher is still there.
    so maybe there will be a better way to pull up the keyboard later or maybe the launcher icon will be replacd with a keyboard icon? Or two finger gestures? Just like the wave bar. Use it all the time. Would definitely like a customizable wave launcher.
    wave go bye bye
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12