1.    #1  
    I am not sure if people want to take MP3 they have to make their own ringtones. But this program, MPTrim, will trim your MP3 anyway you want it. Take your favorite song and shorten it to have as a ringtone.

It is a free program. I think it only works for Windows, not MAC.

Here is the link:

mpTrim and WavTrim
  2.    #2  
    Sorry about the bump, but I thought most people would like to create their own ringtones.
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    great find!
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    I use this site:
    Audiko ringtones

Its online and much simpler.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by DNic View Post
    I use this site:
    Audiko ringtones

Its online and much simpler.
    That looks good too. Both are fine, but MPtrim I think can change the volume higher or lower as you are editing.
    I use Audacity. Has Decibel booster to make tones louder also. Works for me.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by PrePhone4Me View Post
    I use Audacity. Has Decibel booster to make tones louder also. Works for me.
    I forgot about Audacity. It is very good also.
    Yeah audacity is one of the best.!! A little more intense the the other ones though. But that just means you have more options!!
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by spectre686 View Post
    Yeah audacity is one of the best.!! A little more intense the the other ones though. But that just means you have more options!!
    I thought I put up the link for Audacity also.

Audacity: Free Audio Editor and Recorder
  10. rpc
    It seems I have a limit to the number of Ringtones that the Pre will allow.

I loaded 60 ringtones into the Directory called "Ringtones" on the Pre. With the 10 already provided, that is a total of 70 and I have confirmed that all 70 are in the Ringtone subdirectory. Yet when I attempt to assign a ringtone to an individual, the Pre only displays 50 ringtones meaning I'm missing 20 of my own Ringtones.

The only other option is the note with + sign at the bottom left with brings up my songs.

Anyone else experience this or have a fix?
    Quote Originally Posted by rpc View Post
    It seems I have a limit to the number of Ringtones that the Pre will allow.

I loaded 60 ringtones into the Directory called "Ringtones" on the Pre. With the 10 already provided, that is a total of 70 and I have confirmed that all 70 are in the Ringtone subdirectory. Yet when I attempt to assign a ringtone to an individual, the Pre only displays 50 ringtones meaning I'm missing 20 of my own Ringtones.

The only other option is the note with + sign at the bottom left with brings up my songs.

Anyone else experience this or have a fix?
    I don't believe I am experiencing this. Is there a way to tell how many come up when assigning ringtones?

EDIT: So I just counted and it looks like I am cut short as well. That's kind of a bummer for now.
    Last edited by bpdamas; 06/09/2009 at 07:27 PM.
    By the way, I have used zedge.net to do my cutting for me. Most of the songs I have wanted have been on there. Haven't yet tried to download them directly to my pre yet.