Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 29
  1.    #1  
    Is there a way to create more pages in launcher? 3 is causing me heartburn trying to organize things.

    I've tried dragging icons all around but so far I can't seem to cause it to create a 4th page.
  2. #2  
    No. I had the same question a while back. It's just three. I kind of wish you could squarely fit 12 icons on a page sans scrolling instead of the 9.
  3.    #3  
    Wow, that's pretty sad.
  4. urkel's Avatar
    Posts
    944 Posts
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sprockethead View Post
    I kind of wish you could squarely fit 12 icons on a page sans scrolling instead of the 9.
    Definitely. The icons and spacing on the Pre isn't as efficient so 4 per row looks like the sweet spot. Plus, I'm not a fan of having both a vertical scroll + separate pages. It puts a lot more work into finding an app.
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Urkel View Post
    Definitely. The icons and spacing on the Pre isn't as efficient so 4 per row looks like the sweet spot. Plus, I'm not a fan of having both a vertical scroll + separate pages. It puts a lot more work into finding an app.
    That's why you need to organize things by page, in my opinion. Stuff I use all the time is on the first page. Stuff I rarely use is on the second. The third is all preferences and stuff I never use (NASCAR, for example).

    Also, I'm barely using the launcher anyway, instead just typing the program name I want.
  6. #6  
    Might there be a way to have the launcher as an app in the launcher? Get 3 more that way? Just a thought.
  7. Loolaw's Avatar
    Posts
    265 Posts
    Global Posts
    270 Global Posts
    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by ibap View Post
    Might there be a way to have the launcher as an app in the launcher? Get 3 more that way? Just a thought.
    There is no 2nd launcher app to put on a launcher page to get 3 blank pages.

    While waiting on 3rd party launchers to be developed, I'm learning to use the uni search to get to my apps - unless, of course, I just want to play with the wave.
  8. #8  
    Flying down one page with a flick seems faster to me than going from page to page. Here is my organizational paradigm:

    Page 1: Oft-used Apps
    Page 2: Secondary Apps
    Page 3: Settings/Archived Apps

    I'm considering moving to a by-category mode, however (Page 1: Media, Page 2: Productivity, Page 3: Settings/Archive)
  9. #9  
    you can use the universal search to launch apps.
  10. mecca's Avatar
    Posts
    101 Posts
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by mike_w View Post
    Is there a way to create more pages in launcher? 3 is causing me heartburn trying to organize things.

    I've tried dragging icons all around but so far I can't seem to cause it to create a 4th page.
    the 4th page will come as you download more apps. when you have more apps than 3pages could handle, you get page 4
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by mecca View Post
    the 4th page will come as you download more apps. when you have more apps than 3pages could handle, you get page 4
    Ok, cool. So how many rows of apps per page are necessary before a new page is needed/created?
    justjill3

    Palm Pre!!!,Treo 755p, Treo 650, more Palm devices in the past, ect., ect., etc.
    Running Datebk6, Takephone, Butler, Technician, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Cleanup, Uninstall, Splash Suite, Zlauncher, Reset Doctor, SafeGuard, Power Hero, Audible, Audio Gateway...
  12. Virgil's Avatar
    Posts
    57 Posts
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by justjill3 View Post
    Ok, cool. So how many rows of apps per page are necessary before a new page is needed/created?
    That and, is there a way to re-arrange the apps to make a 4th appear?

    Also, how did you get so many apps to create a 4th page? Did you just make a bunch of quick launch icons?
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by gk1118 View Post
    you can use the universal search to launch apps.
    Solves the problem quite perfectly.
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by mecca View Post
    the 4th page will come as you download more apps. when you have more apps than 3pages could handle, you get page 4
    I dont have a Pre yet... however, will adding a bunch of contact favorites force a 4th page?
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by kilofoxtrot View Post
    I dont have a Pre yet... however, will adding a bunch of contact favorites force a 4th page?
    Nope.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

    Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
  16. dbodner's Avatar
    Posts
    177 Posts
    Global Posts
    180 Global Posts
    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by prochobo View Post
    Solves the problem quite perfectly.
    as much as I love universal search, my comeback to that is I want a better way to find my app without pulling out the keyboard when I don't have to.
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by dbodner View Post
    as much as I love universal search, my comeback to that is I want a better way to find my app without pulling out the keyboard when I don't have to.
    Yeah, I see your point, but it takes just as much time to hit the middle key, open the launcher, and search for your app vs. flicking open the keyboard and hitting a few keys.
  18. #18  
    The Launcher is waaay too primitive, clearly needing immediate attention, e.g. more pages, categories, and "small icon views" or a "list view" so we can have more apps listed per page. The Web Browser suffers the exact same problem.
  19. cashen's Avatar
    Posts
    759 Posts
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    #19  
    I totally agree. I HATE scrolling up and down. We should get as many pages as we want and they should make it 3 x 4 at the very least.

    Its like they are TRYING to be different than apple...
  20. sub150's Avatar
    Posts
    193 Posts
    Global Posts
    198 Global Posts
    #20  
    I'd like smaller icons as well. More pages would be welcome too...
    Phone: 700p > Pre
    PMP: Archos 605 (30GB) and iPod Touch (16GB)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions