Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    Is anyone else having major pixelation issues with their "tivo to go'd" video clips? The sample video clip looks amazing, but I have several "Tivo'd" shows that look horrible. Any thoughts?
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    640x480 h.264 encoded from a High Def source looks damn good! Too bad the battery sucks!
    Quote Originally Posted by nitussi View Post
    640x480 h.264 encoded from a High Def source looks damn good! Too bad the battery sucks!
    You may want to stick with 480x320 since that is the native resolution of the device. I'm sure it scales just fine but you can get a smaller file at the max resolution of the Pre if you re-encode.
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by neodorian View Post
    You may want to stick with 480x320 since that is the native resolution of the device. I'm sure it scales just fine but you can get a smaller file at the max resolution of the Pre if you re-encode.
    Thanks. I will give that a go.
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Just kinda implying how powerful the omap3 processor is. Plus with AVS encoder it was only a 60MB diference between 640x420 and 480x320. I have other portable devices that I put movies on, so 640x420 is cool for all of them!
    Last edited by nitussi; 06/09/2009 at 10:55 AM.
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nitussi View Post
    Just kinda implying how powerful the omap3 processor is.
    I did get that. I am going to have to secure a spare battery before my next plane trip in a few weeks just so I can take advantage.
    Is there any way to be able to rotate the screen from landscape to portrait? When I launch the video application it puts the video in landscape, but when I rotate the device myself it doesn't rotate the video.

Also any word on when they will release a video player application that allows the video to play WHEN MINIMIZED? It really stinks that a "multitasking" phone shuts video down when you minimize the card. My treo800w with coreplayer has the option to play video while minimized and while it sucks the hell out of the battery, it works fantastic.