1.    #1  
    Call us what you will: alchemists, home brewers, junkies, hackers, what have you...

As to gaining access to the phone, has anyone else had any success via wifi sniffing ports and connecting via ftp/telnet/other "traditional" terminal connections (as opposed to a hardwire connection) to the Pre?

I haven't had a chance to sniff around (and I'm in the office at the moment), so I just wanted to see if anyone has had any luck.

Also, I saw in another post that someone had found the third party program folders...this is good. It means we may be able to start cracking at it.
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    lol ill open up nmap and let you know...nice thinking i didnt even think about this ill post any findings later in the day
    --
    Please post inquiries to the "Ask a Sprint rep" sticky on the CDMA North America forum.
    If my post was helpful please thank me!

Linux/Palm Pre HELP can be found at:
    http://www.crombiez.com

-intro.
  3.    #3  
    I know it's a long shot, but it could work for a couple reasons...

1. because it's not a typical way to connect to a cell phone, it may not be as locked down as should be (of course, services would have to even exist in such a form for this to even be a consideration)

or

2. because this really is a next generation phone, there may be things in development to allow connection as a disk or something of the sort for the future...it's wireless, it's easier.

Like I said...it's a long shot, but possible.
    I'd be very surprised if the Pre has FTP/Telnet/SSH daemons running on it.
    “Wolves are the top of the food chain, and when the wolf population is healthy, all other animal and plant populations are healthy.” -- Lois Tulleners
  5.    #5  
    Yeah...like I said, it's a long shot...but if we never look, we definitely won't find it.
  6.    #6  
    Root access via Telnet. I THOUGHT it could be possible.

I found the port but hadn't been able to access it...looks like someone beat me to it.

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ering-how.html