Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    The iPhone even has an app to clean up it's memory. I guess the Pre does it on its own when you close everything? Maybe they will add a program in the future that runs in the background to help. Or fix it in a patch of course.
    Systems Analyst by trade, Drummer by desire and Music Lover by birth. A self proclaimed Geek and gadget nut. ii

Did you know: The Pittsburgh Steelers have more championships than 21 other NFL teams combined!
    Pittsburgh Steelers-6 Time Super Bowl Champions!

Pittsburgh Penguins-3 Time Stanley Cup Champions!
    Since this is essentially a Linux-based OS, my assumption is that it uses the standard Linux memory management and related memory clean-up routines. I'm curious how it determines when you need to close cards --- because as most who use Linux knows, just because the OS shows that you have little memory available, that's generally only due to aggressive caching.

Though on the flip side, it's pretty much guaranteed that since this is a new OS, the apps have some leakage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Dookie View Post
    Not necessarily. I haven't even downloaded Spaz and I ran into this exact issue yesterday. Happened while browsing the web and listening to Pandora.
    I did a lot to tighten up the event listeners in Spaz in the current release (0.4.2), but also had to pull the New Search Card option because it exacerbated the mem leakage. I'm talking with Palm to sort out where this is coming from, though, so hopefully we can enable it again soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy_vag View Post
    I've also ran out of memory. I suspect the web browser to be the biggest culprit.
    I think it's acombination of the web app and poor websites. I've noticed a few facebook games will cause the error to appear until I turn the phone off and back on. However, one would assume the Pre would clean out any memory when a card closes, which is not the case, as once I recieve the error, closing all cards does not resole the issue.
    i read that the AIM had a known memory leak in it....does anyone know if that still exists or if it was fixed in 1.02?
    I've gotten this error twice. Both time occur after I synced the Pre with iTunes. According to iTunes I don't fill the Pre up, maybe 4gbs of songs and pics.

The first time this happened I had to hard reset the device using the device info screen, though I had to act quick before the OS froze.

Now it's happening again, I just did the Power+switch*3 to reset it. I'll try the OrangeKey-Sym-R reset incase the issue still occurs.

----
    So the Power and Orangekey resets didn't work for me. Looks like I'll have to do another hard reset. Second in 3 days. Not very happy about this. How do we report bugs to Palm? I would like to help them fix this issue, that's the Engineer in me talking.

Tim

---
    I'm not signed into AIM or gTalk
    Last edited by bigredgpk; 06/12/2009 at 11:46 AM.
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    I've also had this happen.
    Mine occured when I used iTunes to copy over some photos. I wonder if that is where one of hte leaks is occurring.

Anyone else experience this?
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    Quote Originally Posted by GrantMeThePower View Post
    I've also had this happen.
    What where the circumstances of your error? What apps where running or recently closed?

Tim
    The ones I love..

Twittering about
    I don't have Spaz and have had similar issues. Nothing that I did could solve them...until I restarted. Then life was good. This may be an underlying mojo issue.
    IIIx -> Tungsten T -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Launch day Pre
    I've had this happen before with just the browser open, and trying to share a webpage. Kind of annoying, but its only happened twice so far.
    Has anyone had this occur so seriously that a soft reset didn't solve the issue? I have tried all resets with no luck. The only reset that brings the device back is the Hard Reset. and it is very anoying that the Palm Profile doesn't back up Text messages. I have lost two days of messages because of that.

I wish it backed up everything like HotSync did. I could get a new phone, hotsync it, and be right back where I left off.
    The ones I love..

Twittering about
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    Same problem as those reporting above, except I don't have Spaz installed. I've seen it over the past 1 - 2 wks and now at 4 wks with constant use. I suspect the browser and possibly an ill behaved app or two. During the last two weeks I've added the apps listed below and used the browser to open Facebook.

Installed is: Tweed, AccuWeather, Pandora, AP Mobile, Evernote, Shortcovers, Fandago, GoodFood. I have not installed Classic but as a long time Palm user I probably will eventually.

The only time closing apps did not correct the problem was during an extended YouTube session. Then I had to pull the battery (didn't try the 3 finger salute). I've never tried to see how many cards I can have open at once, but never gone above about five in the past so I cannot comment on this aspect.

Very aggravating but in all other respects I find the Pre and joy to use. Looking forward to more third party apps!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12