Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hey everyone,

Please let me know if you can help!!! Last night I hooked up the headphone that came with my pre to talk on the phone.

This morning I tried to make some calls without the headphone in the jack and I could not hear anyone. I realize that it might be a headphone problem. I make another call with my headphone in and it worked. During the call I tried taking out the headphones and it did not work during it, so I had to put it in...

HOW DO I GET MY PRE OFF "HEADPHONE MODE"!! IT IS STUCK! I tried removing the battery already too and still nothing!!

Help!
    That same issue plagued the 755p. Interesting....

Try rebooting? Insert-Remove the headphone plug repeatedly? Both of those have resolved the issue for me with my 755p.
    “Wolves are the top of the food chain, and when the wolf population is healthy, all other animal and plant populations are healthy.” -- Lois Tulleners
  3.    #3  
    Thanks, I will try that for sure.

Just in case...Anyone else with ideas???
    Your problem may be more serious, but I had to cycle through the output choices on the phone app (during a call) to get it to choose bluetooth. It didn't do it automatically. I'll have to see if there is a setting for it later, but that fix worked for now.
    I had that happen with my Treo 650. It was a hardware issue and I had to get software to disable the headphone jack and force the earpiece. If this is hardware you should swap.
  6.    #6  
    Yeah I will be going to a Sprint Store During my lunch for sure. This is not fun for sure...appreciate the thought everyone
  7.    #7  
    any more thoughts????
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    this happened with my samsung m500, and i just blew into the headphone jack and it fixed it. try it out for urself
    I would try doing a proper (software) reset (not a removing the battery reset)

The problem with the removing the battery reset is that the Pre can not correct settings while it is shutting down.

If that does not work I would do a partial erase reset and then restore. If that does not work I would do a full erase reset and then restore.

I'm pretty confident that one of the resets will work unless somehow your headset destroyed some hardware which is pretty unlikely.

If none of the above works then I would call Palm tech support.

At last resort I would go to the Sprint store because all they are going to do is all of the above then tell you that you need a replacement but they are back ordered.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Grim View Post
    That same issue plagued the 755p.
    . . . and the 700p . . . and the 650 . . .
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    I have the opposite problem. I plug in my ear piece or any head phones and it doesn't change to use the jack.
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    I have this problem now! I've been using the Pre with my speakers at my desk with no problems since launch. All of a sudden the phone thinks they're still connected. Ringers play fine out of the speaker, but nothing else.

Nothing would get the headset mode to go away except repeated input and output of the plug into the jack with the keyboard out. Very strange.
    Same problem experienced. Inserting / reinserting the headphone worked for me.
    I had this happen on my 650 as well, in and out worked for awhile, eventually I had to get a safety pin and "pull out" the metal connectors in the socket.(I would not do that to my pre)..but it fixed the issue almost for good. It would still happen every once in awhile...especially with new headsets or different 2.5mm plugs and adapters..And right before I turned my centro lose in old phone drawer It started to do that after I was listening to music at the gym and got a call...But I always got it to work again putting it in and out the plug a few times or blowing into it sometime work too or the above. Its kinda a palm trade mark in sorts? That and a menu button...palm...bring it back....don't lose sight of the menu button.....
    Last edited by mrloserpunk; 06/11/2009 at 01:04 AM.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    The Pre sometimes has trouble detecting headphone removal if the headphones aren't playing anything. Try playing something and then removing, if that doesn't work clean with rubbing alcohol and a q-tip with almost all the lint removed.
    Last edited by brettkola; 07/22/2009 at 02:12 PM.
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    This makes me want to cry....Has not happened to my Pre yet but I had at least 7 755ps. It was the only problem I ever had with them. Also happened a few times with other older models all of which had the da*ned 2.5mm jack. I thought the new standard size would fix this. Crossing my fingers.
    I'd take them back and after warranty don't take any crap about deductibles etc.
    Treo 300,600,650,755p and now Pre
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jaharr View Post
    . . . and the 700p . . . and the 650 . . .
    Add the Centro to that list.....
    Palm V -->m505 -->Tungsten T3-->T5->Centro-->Pre!
    Quote Originally Posted by psm9 View Post
    Add the Centro to that list.....
    And the iPhone. Generally, repeatedly inserting/removing the headphones from the jack worked for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by mhzerka View Post
    Hey everyone,

Please let me know if you can help!!! Last night I hooked up the headphone that came with my pre to talk on the phone.

This morning I tried to make some calls without the headphone in the jack and I could not hear anyone. I realize that it might be a headphone problem. I make another call with my headphone in and it worked. During the call I tried taking out the headphones and it did not work during it, so I had to put it in...

HOW DO I GET MY PRE OFF "HEADPHONE MODE"!! IT IS STUCK! I tried removing the battery already too and still nothing!!

Help!

Same thing happened to me this past Sunday. Took the phone to my Sprint Repair Center and am not waiting for a replacement (they are on "backorder" which was really annoying). Since this happened I reinserted the headphones and it seems to have semi-fixed itself, although there are still some crackles, etc. I've always thought the volume wasn't very loud on the earpiece and clarity was bad, so I'm still going to go through with the replacement if it ever arrives....
    Quote Originally Posted by brettkola View Post
    The Pre sometimes has trouble detecting headphone removal if the headphones aren't playing anything. Try playing something and then removing, if that doesn't work clean with rubbing alcohol and a q-tip with almost all the lint removed.
    i would be careful. most of the time dirt is not the cause of this problem, its just a software bug in the phone. in fact, the only time i've seen this problem on another phone was because 1- the port broke internally or 2- the tip of the headset broke off inside
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast