1.    #1  
    I copied several iTunes mp3 ringtones to my Pre without issue.

I then tried copying a few mp3 songs

Where did they go?

The ringtones show up under the "Music" file on my Pre, but not the songs??
    When you copy MP3s via iTunes and Media Sync they are renamed and appropriately buried in a a hidden folder just like an iPod. The Pre doesn't look there for items when it's looking for MP3s to use as ring-tones.

If you want to use a file from iTunes as a ringtone, start USB Drive mode on the Pre, and right click the file in iTunes and say "Show in Windows Explorer" and then drag it to the "Ringtones" directory on your Pre.
  3.    #3  
    Very cool, thanks!
    Follow up question would be, how do I delete the songs I already copied to my Pre but cant seem to locate?
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    You can also just copy over the song like normal within Itunes then go to your "Sounds And Ringtones" app select "Ringtone" and at the bottom left of the screen there is a music note with a "+" next to it. This allows you to use any song on your pre as a ringtone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuhtty View Post
    Very cool, thanks!
    Follow up question would be, how do I delete the songs I already copied to my Pre but cant seem to locate?
    You should be able to see them in the media software you used to copy them over. I copied some podcasts with Winamp and had the same issue. I can't see them in USB mode but I can see them in Winamp in Sync mode.
    What if I want to just copy MP3s over in USB Mode, and not bother with the Media Sync or other media apps on my PC? Seems like I ought to be able to just copy them directly to the Music folder, but when I browse in there I see 20 folders labeled "F00" through "F19" sequentially.
    I was able to connect my pre in usb mode, create a folder called music, copy my mp3s in there, and the music app on the pre automatically recognized them and added them to the library.

Interesting note: You would think that if you were trying to sync music with windows media player you would connect your pre in media sync mode. Well my windows media player only recognizes my pre for sync if i connect it in usb mode. It doesn't show up in windows media player's device list if i connect it for media sync.