Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mike_w View Post

One question though, is there a way to organize the apps on the launcher screens? It's already getting pretty cluttered...

Edit: I know about tap-n-hold-drag, I'm looking for a way to make more pages.
    I have not figured out a way to make additional Launcher pages yet, either. Anyone? Ideally, my first page would be my Launcher contacts, 2nd page favorite apps, 3rd page miscellaneous apps, and 4th page System apps. I frequently find myself forgetting to scroll vertically on the Launcher pages to see more apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by slwatts View Post
    I have not figured out a way to make additional Launcher pages yet, either. Anyone? Ideally, my first page would be my Launcher contacts, 2nd page favorite apps, 3rd page miscellaneous apps, and 4th page System apps. I frequently find myself forgetting to scroll vertically on the Launcher pages to see more apps.
    Exactly, organization is very important to me and 3 pages aren't enough. I think I could maybe make due, but I don't like vertical scrolling.
  3.    #23  
    OK I HAVE IT!!!
    The virtual key board does work so appologies to any one I doubted My problem was I was not holding down the key long enough. So yes open the virtual key pad press AND HOLD the speed dial number for a second or 2 and it will dial! Eureka!
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by simonj View Post
    OK I HAVE IT!!!
    The virtual key board does work so appologies to any one I doubted
    I had my doubts to Simon. You learn so much in these forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by simonj View Post
    I'm missing something - the virtual keypad - DOES NOT work on the Pre - with speed dial you have to open the phone and use the querty pad.
    Not on mine. I can open the phone app, press and hold the virtual 2 button, and it dials my wife.

Make sure you have version 1.02 (don't know if that affects it, but my Pre has been updated), and give it another try.

If yours calls my wife though, you have some 'splainin to do...
    I've set up some speed dials, and they work properly. However, I'm curious if someone has a solution to this issue.

Using Bluetooth on my '08 Audi, I get my ENTIRE PHONEBOOK in the phone interface. In the past my Treo 755p only showed the favorites. Obviously, I'd rather dial through the car interface than fumbling for my Pre and using a speed dial. But scrolling all the way through the list is way slow. In the end, I find myself using the 'Recent Calls' list on the car interface.

So, I tried adding a digit to the beginning of names to no avail - the Pre's contacts list ignores it and continues to sort alphabetically. Any suggestions to get names to the TOP of the list to act as a sort of 'Favorites'? And would you duplicate the entries or rename the originals???
    Hope someone can help with this. I know how to setup a speed dial for someone. I can use the keyboard and the actual phone app to speed dial someone but I am having an issue with one key. When I have the phone app open and I press the letter B on the keyboard the phone shows first # then it goes to p, p not b and it does not dial my speed dial person for B. Now if I dont have the phone app open it works. I also have the show contact matches when typing in dial pad to OFF. I hope I don't have to take this back...
    Quote Originally Posted by mike_w View Post
    Exactly, organization is very important to me and 3 pages aren't enough. I think I could maybe make due, but I don't like vertical scrolling.
    I vote for more than 3 pages, too! Also, in the PalmOS, if we started typing the name of the app, it would be highlighted and we could hit enter [edit: I meant the middle of the five way, but enter would be great] to launch it. This same functionality in the Pre would be nice.
    The ability to add pages is in a rooted Pre. It may become available in future OTA updates but not sure. I've moved all Sprint services, utilities and other personal applications to page 3, left all primary applications on page 1 and created my contacts launcher on page 2. My friends love it when they see they've made my personal launcher page. LOL. I enjoy this particular "layout" thus far.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12