Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    My old 700p used to nudge me every 5 minutes for my scheduled event in the calendar. I would sometimes miss the first reminder either I couldn't feel it vibrate or I was away from my phone and it was on my desk. But at least it kept buzzing me until I took action.

Well heres how you can get a 2nd reminder.

Step 1. You need gmail. Log into gmail and click on your Calendar link (should be on the very top of the page)
    Step 2. Go into your settings and click on the Mobile Setup tab.
    Step 3. Enter in your cell # and press Send Verification.
    Step 4. You should receive a text message of the verification code on your Pre. Put that number into the Verification number and press finish set up.
    Step 5. In the event reminders set it to what you want (I set mine to 5 minutes before each event)
    Final step: Go into your Pre Calandar and under Preferences & Accounts, set your reminder to what you want (I set it to 10 minutes).

Now I get 2 reminders before my event. Its not perfect, but at least you increase your chances of being reminded.

The vibration on the Pre is one of the weakest and shortest alerts I have experienced. Lets hope they fix this by setting a constant "nudge" reminder.
    Quote Originally Posted by jp700p View Post
    My old 700p used to nudge me every 5 minutes for my scheduled event in the calendar. I would sometimes miss the first reminder either I couldn't feel it vibrate or I was away from my phone and it was on my desk. But at least it kept buzzing me until I took action.

Well heres how you can get a 2nd reminder.

Step 1. You need gmail. Log into gmail and click on your Calendar link (should be on the very top of the page)
    Step 2. Go into your settings and click on the Mobile Setup tab.
    Step 3. Enter in your cell # and press Send Verification.
    Step 4. You should receive a text message of the verification code on your Pre. Put that number into the Verification number and press finish set up.
    Step 5. In the event reminders set it to what you want (I set mine to 5 minutes before each event)
    Final step: Go into your Pre Calandar and under Preferences & Accounts, set your reminder to what you want (I set it to 10 minutes).

Now I get 2 reminders before my event. Its not perfect, but at least you increase your chances of being reminded.

The vibration on the Pre is one of the weakest and shortest alerts I have experienced. Lets hope they fix this by setting a constant "nudge" reminder.

can this work with my exchange calendar?
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    No, this is only for Gmail.
    Quote Originally Posted by jp700p View Post
    No, this is only for Gmail.
    not good for me,thnx